Speculation: Top UFA enforcers?

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Both teams in the finals seem to have one.
Red Wings finally had one
Reaves is the closest to what I would consider an "enforcer" in the traditional sense. Wilson is the newer breed.....a guy who can throw but has offensive skill too. Thats the "evolution" I see happening. Teams cant afford to waste roster spots for goons anymore so any "enforcer" is going to have to have skill elsewhere.

In regard to the Red Wings, they didnt have an enforcer and havent for some time.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Yea. The sissification of the league, and the spiking of head injuries due to guy's having no fear of payback, is so awesome.
And all of the ex-fighters coming down with CTE is much more awesome? Boogaard, Probert, etc. I'm not sure the league has turned soft but players can't seem to take a hit anymore. Let's face it most of the fights in the '90's were staged anyway. Each team's goon would duke it out and that would be it.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Here’s a list of the top 5 UFA enforcers (in no particular order):

1. Ryan Reaves
2. Ryan Reaves
3. Ryan Reaves
4. Ryan Reaves
5. Ryan Reaves

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Jordan Nolan has zero hockey IQ but he's a good hitter, skates well for a big guy, and has Two Cups to his name.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
Both teams in the finals seem to have one.
Red Wings finally had one

Correlation isn't causation.

Once I sharted right before a championship game, cleaned myself up, and then we won. If you want to tell me that the enforcers caused the teams to get to the Stanley Cup finals you'd better be prepared to believe that my shart won me a championship.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Correlation isn't causation.

Once I sharted right before a championship game, cleaned myself up, and then we won. If you want to tell me that the enforcers caused the teams to get to the Stanley Cup finals you'd better be prepared to believe that my shart won me a championship.
After that story you now clearly need to change your user name to ShartAttack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad