Top Ten Shot Releases in the Sens Organization?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Top ten shots in team history?

In chronological order:
1) Alexei Yashin
2) Daniel Alfredsson
3) Shawn McEachern
4) Marian Hossa
5) Martin Havlat
6) Jason Spezza
7) Dany Heatley
8) Alex Kovalev
9) Erik Karlsson
10) Mike Hoffman

Hon Mention: Vaclav Prospal, Mark Stone, Kyle Turris, Sami Salo, Bobby Ryan, Mikka Zibanejad, Bill Muckalt.

Nice. Guy went on a tear as soon as he left the org too... 8 pts and 5 goals in 5 games before separating his shoulder in game 6 effectively ending his career.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I see a lot of people here mistaking release for wrist-shot. Release is combination of quickness+accuracy. Quickness having more of a factor. How quick someone gets the puck on net.

Hoffman for us is on a tier of his own.

Then it's easily Stone followed by Zibanejad/Karlsson.

Hoffman

Stone
Zibanejad

Karlsson
Turris
Puempel
Ryan

Michalek/Prince/Lazar

Lazar and Puempel have terrific releases and wouldn't be surprised to see top 4:

Hoffman
Stone
Puempel
Lazar

by end of next year. Prince too if we don't package him.

Turris has an excellent wrist-shot and a terrific release but he doesnt it use it often or with success enough for me to claim it top 4. Ya know what, probably tied with Karlsson I could rate Turris.

I feel like if Turris use's his shot more often he'd be easy 30 goal guy.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Turris tries to be to fine and pick corners. When he does actually not shoot over the net it looks pretty nice

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I see a lot of people here mistaking release for wrist-shot. Release is combination of quickness+accuracy. Quickness having more of a factor. How quick someone gets the puck on net.

I've always added power of the shot to the release as well.

Quickness + Accuracy + Power + off-step or stick at an awkward angle

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'd say this team has more shooters then guys who can dangle

Yea only Hoffman can outside of Karlsson and Zibanejad has been improving that side of his game lately too and has great hands but doesnt show it much/yet.

That's why I want Sharp/Ennis badly. An insurgent of much needed elite skill is a must either that or an imposing 2 way 60 point player.

It's evident during events like shootout when we don't have guys who can dangle.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Not Turris.

I personally think Turris has a wicked release. If he has space or he's coming with speed he can really snap it. Whenever he seems to score I always notice how the puck goes in the net and almost always bounces back out. It's a testament to the velocity in his shot despite being a slender guy.

Hoffman has a tremendous one too. He has the best shot on the team right now.

He's a poor man's version of Heatley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad