Eklund Rumor: "Top source" says Kings are interested in E. Kane (not the Canucks)

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
This has been said about every city rumored to him going to...the joke is old.

haha ya I know.. I was thinking after wards that he would be better off in a smaller city but obviously he showed that doesn't work either... The Hollywood life would be a little too much I think

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
O god yes please be so

But i doubt LA is that dumb and im sure Benning IS that dumb to get into a bidding war

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Kings would be a better fit than Canucks for sure. He is an awesome forechecker and likes to play physical. Perfect 3rd line winger for the Kings.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
for someone no one wants he seems to be rumored in trade talks with half the teams in the league. Maybe we see a bidding war between Vancouver, LA, NYI, and Colorado. Would be nice to get something decent in return for him.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
haha ya I know.. I was thinking after wards that he would be better off in a smaller city but obviously he showed that doesn't work either... The Hollywood life would be a little too much I think

It's old and recycled regardless. He played on atlanta...he played in east bum f^c! Winnipeg...he's barely played in buffalo...we get the joke. Anyone insinuating Atlanta night life is less appealing than elsewhere is out to lunch for starters. Also the whole rhetoric adds nothing to conversation we've heard it...we want the player but we are only gonna lowball you because well...night life available!!!...it adds nothing productive to conversation.

Kane is what he is at this point. He's injury prone but still will get around 20 goals. His shooting percentage is garbage and his hockey IQ is low.

But his forecheck is nuts, he hits...and teams salivate at the fact he he fight to boot because everyone wants a prime lucic type.

He's overpaid and while his off ice antics are scrutinized he's never been convicted of anything serious which results in nothung but Internet banter.

Fans see the talent and potential and want it but want to try and haggle and sell short ad much as possible which maybe is the point of message boards bit seriously enough is enough. If teams don't want him stop bringing him up just to backpedal at the cost and say..."our coach wouldn't like him" or our city's nightlife is too much for him...

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Kings can have him, but the package will be a lot more mediocre than the Sabres are apparently holding out for.....but if they hold on to this guy too long they'll be lucky to land a second-rounder....he's definitely a depreciating asset, particularly if he continues to generate nothing offensively.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I wouldn't mind adding Kane, he's a physical player that has put up points in the past. He'd do well on Kopitars wing. Unfortunately we don't have the cap space or the assets to get it done. I think he'd behave himself here.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Has he ever guessed right out of sheer luck?

he got the Jeff Carter and MIke Richards trade 1 hour before they were announced. Other than that--he has claimed to break stories or trades that were broken by other individuals who actually work in the media. Last year he tried to lay claim to breaking a trade but was quickly pointed out that he mentioned the two teams were talking 18 months before the trade and in this case two of the players involved in the trade were not part of either organization at the time he posted the two teams talking.

For me the rules THAT site are

1) Got to mention the teams involved in rumour
2) ALL players or any players involved int he deal
3) 1 week rule from the time he posts it(this stop him from claiming "oh that was the deal I was talking about 2 years ago--which he has done)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad