Proposal: Top Six Montreal Canadiens

mrinsane

Dec 8, 2005
Marc Bergevin tried to acquire some top six player but many player decline the offer or doesn't want to play for Therrien. Habs are still looking for a top 6 winger.

There's a list of available player for a package;

Jacob de la Rose (C/LW); Great size, had some offensive vision in Europe but seems a bit hard in the AHL/NHL. He could turn into Lars Eller #2, will be a good penality killer.

Magnus Nygren (RHD); He's in Europe but his contract expire in two years, if a spot is available could be a nice d-man for the PP with his shot.

Mike Condon (G): He already prove that he can perform as #2. Mike have a cheap contract and still young.

Sven Andrighetto (RW/LW): He could be a top 6 player but he's small.. Habs need more size in the front. He have good hand, very dangerous around the net and he's very fast.

Alexei Emelin (LHD); Physical stay-at-home d-man, under 30 yrs old. He's a #4 in his good day. A bit overpaid but could be a nice piece for a team who need defensive defenseman.

Tomas Plekanec (C): Pleks is the perfect #2 center, will produce around 60pts/yr.. make his winger better .. can play defensive game and one year still left as his contract.

We have the other; Brian Flynn, Paul Byron and the picks.

Make offer.

(No Yakubust)

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Honestly if those are the pieces you are willing to move i think youd be better off hoping DLR/Andrighetto/McCarron or someone else steps it up.

You wont like the offers you get if those are the only pieces you wanna move

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Honestly if those are the pieces you are willing to move i think youd be better off hoping DLR/Andrighetto/McCarron or someone else steps it up.

You wont like the offers you get if those are the only pieces you wanna move

Pretty much this.. maybe some combination could be used to get a 2nd line winger like Hartnell, but it's not going to be anyone in their prime or on a nice contract.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Marc Bergevin tried to acquire some top six player but many player decline the offer or doesn't want to play for Therrien. Habs are still looking for a top 6 winger.

There's a list of available player for a package;

Jacob de la Rose (C/LW); Great size, had some offensive vision in Europe but seems a bit hard in the AHL/NHL. He could turn into Lars Eller #2, will be a good penality killer.

Magnus Nygren (RHD); He's in Europe but his contract expire in two years, if a spot is available could be a nice d-man for the PP with his shot.

Mike Condon (G): He already prove that he can perform as #2. Mike have a cheap contract and still young.

Sven Andrighetto (RW/LW): He could be a top 6 player but he's small.. Habs need more size in the front. He have good hand, very dangerous around the net and he's very fast.

Alexei Emelin (LHD); Physical stay-at-home d-man, under 30 yrs old. He's a #4 in his good day. A bit overpaid but could be a nice piece for a team who need defensive defenseman.

Tomas Plekanec (C): Pleks is the perfect #2 center, will produce around 60pts/yr.. make his winger better .. can play defensive game and one year still left as his contract.

We have the other; Brian Flynn, Paul Byron and the picks.

Make offer.

(No Yakubust)

First off. Trading Plekanecs only opens a hole at C, so filling a hole at LW while opening one at C is stupid. Plekanec is going no-where. But if Shipachyov signs in MTL, then maybe, though not likely.

Habs have young guns who could fill the LW spot, (Lehkonen, Hudon, Carr), so filling that spot is not as vital as finding a partner to play with Weber. (ie: Fowler)

After last season, Condon needs a year in the AHL to re-build his confidence. So no team s parting with a top 6 LW for a goalie who is slotting in the AHL.

The rest are good players, but not the quality you get a top 6 or top pairing in return for.

Unles the Habs are willing to offer Hudon?, McCarron, Sergachev, Beaulieu, plus a good pick (1st rnd), it's a non starter. This would be the minimum it would take.

Last edited:

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Hartnell + Campbell (salary reasons) for Plekanec + 3rd. Allows Jenner to stay at wing, and Dubois to go back to juniors for the year to play center.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
I don't even think you need to worry about "Yakubust" being offered for the garage sale give-aways you have listed there. If the other even remotely interesting Habs prospects/players are so good as to be untouchable in a trade for a top six winger, the team probably doesn't even need any changes and should win many Cups.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
What about PA Parenteau?

I know Habs "been there done that" but he was excellent in TO last season. I'm surprised he hasn't been signed yet.

Maybe he doesn't want to go back there?

I'd sign him for a couple years on the Leafs but we need roster spots for rookies which is more important next season. But PAP is a really good productive player IMO.....

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
What about PA Parenteau?

I know Habs "been there done that" but he was excellent in TO last season. I'm surprised he hasn't been signed yet.

I'd sign him for a couple years on the Leafs but we need roster spots for rookies which is more important next season. But PAP is a really good productive player IMO.....

He signed with the Isles. He's garbage, also.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
What about PA Parenteau?

Parenteau signed with Islanders, 1 year deal.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I don't even think you need to worry about "Yakubust" being offered for the garage sale give-aways you have listed there. If the other even remotely interesting Habs prospects/players are so good as to be untouchable in a trade for a top six winger, the team probably doesn't even need any changes and should win many Cups.
My exact thoughts lol.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal
What about PA Parenteau?

Parenteau signed with the Islanders.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
At this point, our priority is finding a LD to play with Weber. After adding Radulov, the top-6 is fine with either Shaw or a youngster (i.e. Carr, Andrighetto, Hudon, Lehkonen, maybe even Scherbak, McCarron, or Reway) stepping up in training camp.

Without another LD, we are either banking on Markov being able to handle another season of top pairing minutes, Beaulieu coming into his own very soon, very fast, or Sergachev making the team and being able to handle those minutes.

If I'm Bergevin, I'm looking at Fowler, Barrie, Shattenkirk, Edler, etc. instead of a top 6 winger at this point, someone who can log minutes and move the puck.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Montreal might bite that... except they have only 2M cap room.

No they wouldn't. Kunitz, at this point, is good for around 40 points, something that can be achieved by one of our youngsters at a much more cost-efficient price.

We'd be better served using that 2M for a LD.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I could see how these pieces wouldn't be super enticing to most teams.

I think Beaulieu would probably get a little more interest, but still we would need to make a decent package.

Hudon has a good shot of making the team this year.

Sergachev could very possibly make the team. Which would really shake up our d pairings.

I would rather wait and see what we have then package a handful of these guys for a quick fix.

If a buy-low candidate ie: Yak could be had for a reasonable price, sure why not. But otherwise I'm content staying pat.

Marksman

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
No they wouldn't. Kunitz, at this point, is good for around 40 points, something that can be achieved by one of our youngsters at a much more cost-efficient price.

We'd be better served using that 2M for a LD.

Right now I van see only Andrigheotto having that capacity for next season, provided he us able to keep it up entire season with added ice time.

I feel adding that LD will not be timely until Markov is gone AND Beaulieu/Sergachev cards have been turned. 2M isn't much these days, you need Markov off the books first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad