Who is the #11 Russian prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It took a run-off poll to determine #10 and Alexander Alexeyev has won it. Artemiy Knyazev has been added to the poll.

Please vote, discuss and suggest/vote who to add.

1. Andrei Svechnikov
2. Kirill Kaprizov
3. Vitaliy Kravtsov
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Ilya Samsonov
6. Ilya Sorokin
7. Klim Kostin
8. Grigoriy Denisenko
9. Vitaliy Abramov
10. Alexander Alexeyev
alekseev.jpg

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Scherbak rather easily again for me as he qualifies. Torched the AHL last year and showed some really nice skills at the NHL level while playing in a weak roster.

ookhaab

Jun 8, 2016
Zykov led the AHL in goals and had 7 points in 10 NHL games. Pretty easy pick over kamenev and scherbak.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Zykov led the AHL in goals and had 7 points in 10 NHL games. Pretty easy pick over kamenev and scherbak.
Don't want to bring down Zykov, just wanted to say there's more to that as it is easier to compare these two due to experience in the AHL and NHL. Sure he has more goal than Scherbak, but Scherbak is more of a playmaker, something we didn't really see yet in the NHL because he mostly played bottom 6 minutes with plugs (so much injuries last year, DLR as a #2C, ouch). He finished third in the AHL in PPG among the players who played at least 20 games while playing in one of the worst roster. When he left, the team sank. He was dominant last year, while being a year younger than Zykov. Not sure that pick is so obvious, they are surely closer than you think.

Reactions: Mrb1p

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Out of curiousity, what do you like about Golyshev's game? Not a player I get to see much of

He has a ton of skill and is far grittier then people think.

He is inconsistent still, but has periods when he is unstoppable.

I actually thought that he was a good candidate for the OG roster and he had a solid season.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Why is Kamenev being voted ahead of 3rd best PPG overall in the AHL Scherback?
It's probably because he has been involved in a big trade, so more people got acquainted with him.
Scherbak is probably still view as that "late first round pick from a few years ago". We follow the Habs so we know his development and performance are great, but I don't think much people paid attention to him. So nothing wrong for voting for the guy you know best in Kamenev but for me, Scherbak should be higher on this list than he will end up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad