Top rookie least likely to sophomore slump

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
I’d be shocked if Dahlin is anything less than mind blowing next year. He was a ****ing stud at 18, I can’t even imagine how good he’ll be next season, and the year after.
Dahlin did get sheltered a bit and had prime time pp but I agree he will most likely continue being amazing next season.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Brady Tkachuk will be getting top minutes and PP time in Ottawa next year. So for that reason alone I expect him to put up more goals and points then he did this season.

If anything that’s just as much a reason he’ll struggle, he’ll be the guy and have to do it himself.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honestly I expect Pettersson, Dahlin, Heiskanen, and Tkachuk to all improve next season and avoid the slump. Same with Svechnikov. I don't view any of these guys as the "sophomore slump" type

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If anything that’s just as much a reason he’ll struggle, he’ll be the guy and have to do it himself.
It is. But i think he's in a better situation then some other sophomores who could get buried in their line up if they struggle.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Honestly I expect Pettersson, Dahlin, Heiskanen, and Tkachuk to all improve next season and avoid the slump. Same with Svechnikov. I don't view any of these guys as the "sophomore slump" type

Agreed, though like the OP, I think if any of them are going to, Heiskanen seems the least likely as he already played hard minutes and didn't get prime offensive opportunities.

Last edited:

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
Pettersson is due to "slump" somewhat. No one can sustain that s%.

I think Pettersson's goalscoring next year will be slightly down. His shooting percentage last year was 19.4% which is high but can be made up for by shooting more. He only took 2 shots per game last year and I can definitely see him improving on that.

His assists and total points though, I only see that going up.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Watch and see if any of these teams adopt new coaches or systems. THAT is much more impactful on the #s everyone watches when people point at slumps.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Possible though he looked a lot better when he was the guy after the deadline. I don’t think many of us were expecting it without Stone.

RightInTheAho

Dec 12, 2017
Pettersson is due to "slump" somewhat. No one can sustain that s%.

Although his goal totals could drop, I'm expecting him to put up more points. For the first time in years Vancouver has a legit PMD that can make things happen. This will open up a lot more space for EP to work his magic especially in 3 vs 3.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Pettersson was already slumping

3 goals in 27 games to end the season and still had a top-7 shooting%

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Always a difference between a statistical slump and an actual slump. I'm not sure EP will put up quite the same numbers, same could be said for other as well. Doesn't mean that they aren't still improving.

Especially for the defencemen, hard to be informed enough to say someone is slumping unless you actually watch a significant amount of games.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Kahun should only get better

1) Likely will be the RW with Debrincat-Strome on our 2nd going forward
2) Kid was consistent all thru his rookie year

Real opportunity for him to become a key piece to Hawks going forward alongside Debrincat and Strome. The kids looked good together

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad