Salary Cap: Top RFA priorities

FeedingFrenzy

Oct 26, 2009
Sateri 875k, Stalock 687.5k, Irwin 650k & Petrecki 650k..

What kind of deals do you guys think this group gets? Whats the norm? Would the goalies get 2-3 year deals or go 1yr contracts??

With the way Irwin has played so far, I could see DW giving him a longer deal and locking him up@ 3yr/2.1mil with bonus clauses for performance?

As for Petrecki I have no clue. I would think at the minimum it would be 2yrs/1.35m??

Almost forgot about Sheppard 825k. If he continues to improve/impress what would his next deal be?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
TJ Galiardi, James Sheppard, Andrew Desjardins, Jason Demers, Nick Petrecki, Matt Irwin are the players on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

Brodie Reid, Harri Sateri, Al Stalock, Tommy Grant, Jon Matsumoto, Marek Viedensky, Matt Pelech, Thomas Heemskerk are the guys signed to NHL deals not on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

(So the problem is much larger than the list presented in the OP)

My top guys: Galiardii, Sheppard, Desjardins, Demers, Irwin, Stalock, Sateri, and then the rest. (Not sure where the organization is regarding Heemskerk. There's Anderson who'll be playing somewhere next season, plus Nelson might get NHL deal. Even if Greiss is traded/not re-signed as pending UFA).

(And there's a list of guys who'll be UFAs, including Clowe who might warrant more interest than some RFAs.)

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
TJ Galiardi, James Sheppard, Andrew Desjardins, Jason Demers, Nick Petrecki, Matt Irwin are the players on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

Brodie Reid, Harri Sateri, Al Stalock, Tommy Grant, Jon Matsumoto, Marek Viedensky, Matt Pelech, Thomas Heemskerk are the guys signed to NHL deals not on the NHL roster who will be RFAs this summer.

(So the problem is much larger than the list presented in the OP)

My top guys: Galiardii, Sheppard, Desjardins, Demers, Irwin, Stalock, Sateri, and then the rest. (Not sure where the organization is regarding Heemskerk. There's Anderson who'll be playing somewhere next season, plus Nelson might get NHL deal. Even if Greiss is traded/not re-signed as pending UFA).

(And there's a list of guys who'll be UFAs, including Clowe who might warrant more interest than some RFAs.)

I agree w/ your 'top guys'. I'd add Reid, very likely Pelech and I wish I could say Viednesky but Sommer doesn't seem to like him so he probably won't get a QO.

I doubt Heemskerk will be signed by SJ, could possibly sign him to an AHL/ECHL contract. I don't think Nelson gets an NHL deal, at least not from San Jose.

There are also several players who could turn pro next year who either need contracts or in DeMelo's case, his contract will count towards their 50.

And Barrie22 - there is absolutely no chance Sateri isn't re-signed.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
As for the draftees looking for contracts....

Moffie is graduating so needs a contract (or will be UFA this summer). 5 draftees completing junior year (how many will go pro?). 2 draftees completing sophomore year; 2 completing freshman year; one just about to start his freshman year.

Sefton either gets signed or not. And then there's Tierney, Lalancette (19 yo CHLers) and Hertl.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
As for the draftees looking for contracts....

Moffie is graduating so needs a contract (or will be UFA this summer). 5 draftees completing junior year (how many will go pro?). 2 draftees completing sophomore year; 2 completing freshman year; one just about to start his freshman year.

Sefton either gets signed or not. And then there's Tierney, Lalancette (19 yo CHLers) and Hertl.

Tierney & Lalancette would both slide next season. I forgot about Sefton, not sure if they'll sign him or not.

And yes, Hertl, if he comes to NA, would need a contract too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad