Top Qmjhl Nhl Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
cape islander said:
Who currently playing in the QMJHL has a good chance at playing in the NHL and what type of players do you see them becoming?

I have heard that Oilers prospect Slava Trukhno has a good chance to be a top 6 winger. He is the only QMJHL prospect who has a point in every game he has played. Apparently he needs to work on shooting a bit more. He sounds like a Hemsky kind of guy to be honest

He is tied with Latendresse for 9th in the Q in points right now and has played three less games

LW Trukhno, Viatcheslav PEI 18GP 10G 26A 36P 33PM +/-0

The next highest scoring player on Trukhno's team is

O'Brien, Greg PEI 20GP 14G 7A 21P 6PM -6

So it doesn't sound like he has a lot to work with either.

Towelie*

From a Canucks look:

Luc Bourdon is a lock to make the NHL IMO.

Julien Ellis and Vincent have very good chances of atleast becoming back-ups. Most likely one of them will make the dance.

katodelder

Apr 22, 2004
Angelo Esposito (2007) will be a scoring star in the NHL. He may be the best '89-born player in the world and could go first overall. His offensive skills are exceptional. As long as does all the little things he needs to succeed as a professional, he'll probably end up being the best player to come out of Montreal since Lecavalier in '98.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Guillaume Latendresse(Habs property, 2nd round 45th overall 6'2, 225 pounds) really surprised alot of people this camp, althought the hype was pretty big on HFboards, we're really hoping for him to become our Bertuzzi( hitting, blocking goaltender's view, protecting the puck behing the net and in the corner's) he's strugled since coming back in the Q even with Brassard on his team, habs management aren't scared though, they said it happends often that when a player performed well at a higher level it's hard reajusting back to a lower level, can't wait to see him playing for Canada, he would of probably made every single team in the NHL except the Habs, knowing we have a reputation of not rushing with aby prospect.....

Slot 3

exitus acta probat
Nov 2, 2005
Vancouver
Comfortably Numb said:
From a Canucks look:

Luc Bourdon is a lock to make the NHL IMO.

Julien Ellis and Vincent have very good chances of atleast becoming back-ups. Most likely one of them will make the dance.

What he said

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
katodelder said:
Angelo Esposito (2007) will be a scoring star in the NHL. He may be the best '89-born player in the world and could go first overall. His offensive skills are exceptional. As long as does all the little things he needs to succeed as a professional, he'll probably end up being the best player to come out of Montreal since Lecavalier in '98.

Yeah, Esposito's fantastic - a bit selfish at times though. Saw him play a few times with Shattuck last year. He wasn't nearly as productive as Toews but, skill wise, often looked better than Jonathan despite being a year younger. Again, didn't have the stats of Okposo or Gergen but easily had more pure skill than those guys.

Last edited:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Garp said:
I wouldn't call having more then 1 ppg strugling...

He had 6 pts in his first 2 games. After that he has been on a ppg pace...but he was a ppg player at 16...

Latendresse SHOULD be shredding up the league like radulov. The kid almost made the NHL!!

There have been some stories that suggest that he thinks hes too good for the league. It can be understandable when you almost make the NHL. Add to the fact that Drummondville players are dropping like flies due to injuries.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Kristopher Letang, the Pens 3rd rounder in '05, was extremely impressive in camp and has been great in the Q so far this year.

He could develop into a Dan Boyle-type of player.

Transported Upstater

LaLaLaprise said:
He had 6 pts in his first 2 games. After that he has been on a ppg pace...but he was a ppg player at 16...

Latendresse SHOULD be shredding up the league like radulov. The kid almost made the NHL!!

There have been some stories that suggest that he thinks hes too good for the league. It can be understandable when you almost make the NHL. Add to the fact that Drummondville players are dropping like flies due to injuries.

I also think it has to do with the fact that Latendresse's younger, less-hyped and not-yet drafted teammate (Brassard) is outscoring him in total points and in PPG.

It may be difficult for Latendresse and Bourdon to adjust, simply because both appear to have NHL spots locked up for 2006.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TransportedUpstater said:
I also think it has to do with the fact that Latendresse's younger, less-hyped and not-yet drafted teammate (Brassard) is outscoring him in total points and in PPG.

It may be difficult for Latendresse and Bourdon to adjust, simply because both appear to have NHL spots locked up for 2006.

Brassard has more to play for at this stage than Latendresse. Brassard has been ranked as high as 10th and as low as late 2nd round so there is a huge swing in what people think about his game. Latendresse has no carrot dangling in front of him. Less to work for. Hes almost gaurenteed a contract.

Brassard is out for a while though, fractured arm. He was playing with it the last 2 weeks but decided to shut it down and let it heal.

Transported Upstater

LaLaLaprise said:
Brassard has more to play for at this stage than Latendresse. Brassard has been ranked as high as 10th and as low as late 2nd round so there is a huge swing in what people think about his game. Latendresse has no carrot dangling in front of him. Less to work for. Hes almost gaurenteed a contract.

Brassard is out for a while though, fractured arm. He was playing with it the last 2 weeks but decided to shut it down and let it heal.

I agree 100%. :teach:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Stanny lasCHECK

im telling you guys, STANISLAV LASCEK: The Next Brad Richards

other NHL Prospect saugeneens include: Marek Zagrapan, but he wont be as good as lascek.

alex bourret
I think charrette will one day play in the NHL

Oiltown16

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
s7ark said:
I have heard that Oilers prospect Slava Trukhno has a good chance to be a top 6 winger. He is the only QMJHL prospect who has a point in every game he has played. Apparently he needs to work on shooting a bit more. He sounds like a Hemsky kind of guy to be honest

He is tied with Latendresse for 9th in the Q in points right now and has played three less games

LW Trukhno, Viatcheslav PEI 18GP 10G 26A 36P 33PM +/-0

The next highest scoring player on Trukhno's team is

O'Brien, Greg PEI 20GP 14G 7A 21P 6PM -6

So it doesn't sound like he has a lot to work with either.

that also being said Greg O'Brien is a defencemen

Duff88

May 7, 2002
hockeyman28 said:
other NHL Prospect saugeneens include: Marek Zagrapan, but he wont be as good as lascek.

I wouldn't bet my life on that; Zagrapan is IMO head and shoulders above Lascek in his NHL potential from what I've seen.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Duff88 said:
I wouldn't bet my life on that; Zagrapan is IMO head and shoulders above Lascek in his NHL potential from what I've seen.
i agree with that actually, but i think if lascek can improve his skating, he will show how much better he can be.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:

Same thing was said about Bernier after he was drafted

Dont look at his numbers
How is he playing is the beetter question

Does he look to be improving his skating, better defensive awarness

all things Bernier improved on after he was drafted to get him where he is today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad