Top prospects in SHL

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
when the top prospects get to play for the big teams in SHL(for exemple Oliver Kylington) , what do they have to give in exchange? money? players? is almost unique in worlds hockey and seems to work very well.

What do you mean? Kylington belongs to Färjestad. Should Färjestad pay them self, or give a player in exchange to themselfes?

If you are speaking of "transfers" between clubs a guy like Kylington is young and is not contracted like a senior professional player. He went to Karlstad (Färjestad home town) to get his hockey education in their hockey academy.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Icing, Kylington doesn't belong to Färjestad. I'd wager he's got a utvecklingskontrakt or something similar with them, but he doesn't belong to anybody. Sweden isn't North America.

Are kidding of course he has a contract. Don't you remember the Erik Karlsson debacle? Södertälje wanted money to release him from his contract and he ended up not playing for a whole season as a 16 year old.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Icing, Kylington doesn't belong to Färjestad. I'd wager he's got a utvecklingskontrakt or something similar with them, but he doesn't belong to anybody. Sweden isn't North America.

So he could just come down to Gothenburg for example and play a couple of games for Frölunda if he wanted? No matter what Färjestad says? Sweet.

Anyway. You totally misread my post.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
No, I didn't. But you two don't understand what I wrote. There's a difference between having a contract with a team and a team owning your righs. All players in Sweden are free agents. That was my point, Kylington doesn't belong to Färjestad because we don't have that kind of system in Sweden.

HC Bienne

@llopesso19
Mar 13, 2012
Bienne, Swiss
www.eurohockey.com
What do you mean? Kylington belongs to Färjestad. Should Färjestad pay them self, or give a player in exchange to themselfes?

If you are speaking of "transfers" between clubs a guy like Kylington is young and is not contracted like a senior professional player. He went to Karlstad (Färjestad home town) to get his hockey education in their hockey academy.

ok let's put this the other way.he starts with AIK then in 2011-2012 he play's for Djurgarden and 12-13 he play's for Södertälje. what have those teams receive in exchange of Kylington? They don't have formation rights?

note: it could be another player. he's not the only one that change's to another club in sweden when he's still junior.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
No, I didn't. But you two don't understand what I wrote. There's a difference between having a contract with a team and a team owning your righs. All players in Sweden are free agents. That was my point, Kylington doesn't belong to Färjestad because we don't have that kind of system in Sweden.

So, you are splitting hairs or just got hocked up on the words "belongs to"? ;)
Because I believe Färjestad would have something to say if Kylington desided to take a trip down to Gothenburg to play a game.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
Icing, the thing is that Kylington can do exactly that if he wants to. However it will mean a breach of contract and he most likely will lose some money in the process. But in a "beloning to" scenario he is not free to choose where he plays. It's not splitting hairs, it's a huge difference in market principles.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
Icing, the thing is that Kylington can do exactly that if he wants to. However it will mean a breach of contract and he most likely will lose some money in the process. But in a "beloning to" scenario he is not free to choose where he plays. It's not splitting hairs, it's a huge difference in market principles.

Granted, we don't know how his contract is written, but obviously he can't do whatever he wants once he's got one. During earlier years he probably didn't have anything limiting him at all, but now him and everyone else who's going to a serious organization for Hockey Gymnasium's got a contract. The most high-profile guys usually have all kinds of outs in those deals though, to make sure they can move if their development would stagnate. Most guys are just locked up for three years, though, no questions asked.

Legally, locked up, that is. If someone's feeling homesick or wants to move somewhere else for whatever reason, clubs are usually very understanding unless it's a high-profile guy like Erik Karlsson with SSK, a situation that took some time to solve, and if Kylington would want to move but doesn't have a fitting out-clause, FBK would certainly fight as well.

So it's not some kind of pee-wee just do whatever you want kind of situation for these guys even before they sign their "real" SHL roster agreement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad