Top coach vs top player/bad coach

Which option so you take?

• Total voters

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Two options you can either replace your current coach with the best coach in the league or any best all time coach OR

You can get the best player in the league or any 1 player currently in NHL but you lose your current best player and your current coach will be replaced by a all-time bad NHL coach.

So using leafs as example

Option 1:
Scotty Bowman instead of Babcock. Unchanged roster.

Option 2:
Lose Matthews. Get McDavid. Lose Babcock. Get Dallas Eakins.

Leafs aren't the best example and probably I should use a different team because I don't want to turn this into Matthews McDavid but it's the only one on the top of my head at the moment. And you can choose any player not just consensus best. But think of your team say it's Arizona and you can decide.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I mean it like you have to keep the bad coach.

That's unrealistic. You fire a bad coach. maybe it takes 2-3 years, but it happens, if the coach sucks he'll be fired. If you get Mcdavid you have him for a good 10-15 years normally.

Good player/bad coach easily.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Its super easy to fire a coach, only a handful have been on their team for more than 3 seasons. Top players come along once every 10 years

illpucks

May 26, 2011
So I can have say Babcock and McDavid, or Eakins, and McDavid? The premise is a little flawed for Oiler fans
Where does it say that?
You can have McDavid but you will lose your best player. Your coach will also be replaced by Dallas Eakins. And you can't fire him in the short term

Or you can replace your current coach with Scotty Bowman or top current coach

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Where does it say that?
You can have McDavid but you will lose your best player. Your coach will also be replaced by Dallas Eakins. And you can't fire him in the short term

Or you can replace your current coach with Scotty Bowman or top current coach

You do realize that McDavid plays for Edmonton right? Replacing McDavid with McDavid changes nothing.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
That's unrealistic. You fire a bad coach. maybe it takes 2-3 years, but it happens, if the coach sucks he'll be fired. If you get Mcdavid you have him for a good 10-15 years normally.

Good player/bad coach easily.
I’d take that option if you didn’t have to lose your current best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad