Top 99 born bantam players in SK

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Hi all,

I have done some scouting in the past for Junior hockey and still do a little bit today. Problem for me is that I don't live anywhere near Saskatchewan Bantam hockey at the moment.

I was curious if you guys would be able to help me out with some of the top players out there. I have a pretty good idea based on stats and seeing some kids play as well as seeing rankings, but I am sure I am missing on some kids.

A few guys I have seen play that are pretty dominant are Holt and Gardiner. I would assume these are two of the top guys in Bantam hockey in SK.

If you want to throw a few names out there, or a bunch, any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hockeynoitall

Feb 14, 2013
Top Sask 99 Players

Hi all,

I have done some scouting in the past for Junior hockey and still do a little bit today. Problem for me is that I don't live anywhere near Saskatchewan Bantam hockey at the moment.

I was curious if you guys would be able to help me out with some of the top players out there. I have a pretty good idea based on stats and seeing some kids play as well as seeing rankings, but I am sure I am missing on some kids.

A few guys I have seen play that are pretty dominant are Holt and Gardiner. I would assume these are two of the top guys in Bantam hockey in SK.

If you want to throw a few names out there, or a bunch, any information is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hope this helps you out. From the North there is Hobson/Markevich and Sawchuck from PA. Tuffs and Byzdel from NE. Saskatoon has Leschyshyn, Holt, Prefontaine. Humbolt has Gardner. Chance Adrien Sask valley. From the south there is from Yorkton the Welke twins, Stratechuk. Melville Carson Sass and Austin Johnson. Estevan Pachal. Moosejaw has Petruik. Regina has Sandormirsky but there is a ??? mark there. Nobody caught my eye really from Swift Current.Then there are a couple players in ND playing AAA Bantam which include Kustra and Foster. They play in the Midget AA league. Foster averaging a point a game in a much skilled/ faster and tougher league. Sorry cant respond on the goaltending but maybe someone else can shed some light on that one. Hope this helps out as I have seen most if not all of these kids play this season. If I miss someone then sorry, not to offend.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Thanks for the info. Definitely helps. I am familiar with most of the north kids as I used to watch lots in the Saskatoon area. I haven't seen Leschyshyn play but have heard he is quite good.

You said nobody in Swift jumped out at you. What about Hutchinson? I have never seen him play, but notice that he is big and is basically there only source of offense.

Also, I wonder about the Manz twins from the prairie storm. I know they were quite dominant in Pee Wee anyways.

There is also a big dman Wieler in Sask Valley that I am curious about.

A few goalies I have heard that are at the top of the age group would be Arps from North East and Gryzbowski from Sask Valley.

Hockeynoitall

Feb 14, 2013
Top 99 Sask Kids

Thanks for the info. Definitely helps. I am familiar with most of the north kids as I used to watch lots in the Saskatoon area. I haven't seen Leschyshyn play but have heard he is quite good.

You said nobody in Swift jumped out at you. What about Hutchinson? I have never seen him play, but notice that he is big and is basically there only source of offense.

Also, I wonder about the Manz twins from the prairie storm. I know they were quite dominant in Pee Wee anyways.

There is also a big dman Wieler in Sask Valley that I am curious about.

A few goalies I have heard that are at the top of the age group would be Arps from North East and Gryzbowski from Sask Valley.

Hutchinson might be a project as he does have size but skating is an issue for him. Maybe in time things will come together for him but not on my list of high end kids. Manz twins I forgot about. They are decent players as they are the two top end forwards on PS. Weiler from Sask Valley I have not seen yet. Goalies from the south are Lumbard from Regina and Dosch as well from the south.

Hockeynoitall

Feb 14, 2013
Sask 99 Prospects

WEHP has Hutchinson ranked in the third round.

Like I said he is a project. At this point in his hockey I would not put him as a TOP end player right now. As far as WEHP, don't read into that. The scouts only look at that as a reference in the event they are missing a player or two. The scouts have their own rankings and will pick a player based on their needs. Heard right from the horses mouth by a few scouts. I have seen that letter once earlier in the year and honestly its not very accurate. As an example how to you rank players when some of them do not play in the same league? ie(sask bantam AA and Sask Midget AA)

SKHKY99

Jan 23, 2013
Kids in south only saw a few south league games but saw teams at tournaments Manz twins , Welke twins, Stratechuk, Sass, Chekay, Lumbard, Johnston, Pachal, Kesserling, Petruic...Sass to me was one of the big Standouts played well every time I saw him. Welke twins and Manz twins don't quit work hard all game and are well coached and play in great systems. Ones that like that don't get the coverage are Beatty, Davis, Kozack,Grande-Sherbert, Sandormisky too mention a few.

North are Holt, Bzdel,Gardiner, Leschyshyn, Tuffs, Hobson, Adrian, Grzybowski, Arp, Sawchuk, all have talent and some size is a benefit. Holt most talented for sure but not hardest working. Bzdel , Tuffs and Meyers probably best line in SBAAHL and Bzdel goes hard at all times Tuffs big and talent and Meyers fits in well with these 2 can make plays. Gardiner probably leads league in scoring but played most of season with a very weak center .Leschyshyn hardest worker for sure and can make his own things happen.

Others not talked about but like there play fwds Hamm(small but great worker both ends of ice and can shoot) , Thomas, Ong, Bosch, Nivon good players can score and Defense Shumanski, Weiler , Bollefer, Danbrook, Markovich, Randell, Heidt, just to mention a few that I have seen play at different tournaments that play very well defensively with an upside to offense. There are others that may have a more offensive side.
AND Goalies I have seen play well besides others mentioned above Henry, Veroba, Sorensen, Lenz too name a few that have good sound technical and played very well but also may face more difficult shots at times. Arp very good goalie and great size but a lot of games I saw team didn't allow a lot of shots.

Trav

Aug 2, 2005
Nice to see that all four Sask players that the Saskatoon Blades selected in this year's draft are considered among the top players in the province.

They drafted Bzdel, Tuffs, Grybowski and Stratechuk.

Hockeynoitall

Feb 14, 2013
Sask Product

Nice to see that all four Sask players that the Saskatoon Blades selected in this year's draft are considered among the top players in the province.

They drafted Bzdel, Tuffs, Grybowski and Stratechuk.

You are forgetting Saskatoons first dman picked. Kustra is also from Yorkton. Which makes it 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad