Value of: Top-9 Forward to Blackhawks

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Let's make offers ladies and gentlemens.

I think it is safe to say that other teams can't have following players in return and Chicago's picks for next years homedraft are highly appreciated by Stan Bowman. So here is the list of non-available players from my and Bowman's perspective:

Toews
Kane
Anisimov
Panarin
Schmaltz
Krüger
Hossa
Keith
Seabrook
Campbell
Hjalmarsson
Kempny
Forsling
Crawford

And there are maybe others who are not available. But my own guess is that Hartman, Pokka and Gustafsson has the highest value of available players. Maybe TVR too.

Offer!

EDIT: my misspelling but I meant potential top 9 forwards like Josh Leivo from Leafs etc for our Dman. That's good and fair value. They could be in the line-up at opening night.

Last edited:

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
To CHI: nothing
To My Team: nothing

Just keep Hartman, Pokka and Gustafsson. Let them -- and McNeill and Motte and Schmaltz and whoever else -- grow into the top whatever players you want.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Pokka, Gustafsson or Hartman has not value? First two are ready Dman who have potential to be #4D in future, but Blackhawks don't need them because of Forsling, Kempny, TvR and our current top-4.

If they don't have value at all, I guess this is pointless thread then.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Chris scoreburn is your man, we can take something back, like a 7th in 2018

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Oh I forgot one thing I should have mentioned. Blackhawks need potential top 9 forwards, like Josh Leivo or Leipsic from Leafs. Then I guess the value is pretty fair?

My bad.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Oilers would like Pokka. There just isn't a player with similar value to offer.

I've heard that Yakupov's price in market is around late 2nd or early 3rd, I think Pokka is about mid 2nd in value?

I would offer Pokka + 3rd for Yakupov + 4th. I'm not sure if that is what Oilers fan would like to see though.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Brian Flynn and for free :)

If you take advantage of this spectacular offer within the next 24 hrs you will also receive David Desharnais. That's a former 60 pt #1C for Free!!

And wait that's not all folks. Along with Misters Flynn and Desharnais we will also send you former Hawk's Stephane Matteau's offspring Stefan Matteau. That's a former 1st rounder with untapped potential.

Act now as this offer will surely sell out fast!!

*This offer is non-returnable. The offices of the Montreal Canadiens can not be found liable if said players are unable to perform in a Top 9 role, most likely it's your coaches fault having the brains to play them in the proper role.

GBLeaf

Feb 13, 2014
England, GB.
Josh Leivo has the potential to be a handy top 9 winger who can score goals. Needs to get a little stronger and how to use his body better, but for someone who will be on an ELC, could be a smart pick-up, as he could be in limbo in Toronto this year.

I don't want to see him go, but I think teams could be smart and give up something small for him and end up very happy with what they get, as they'd save Leafs a headache too probably.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
Any interest in Peter holland? He can be a 3rd line winger that can produce 30-35 points and is going to have a low cap hit (1-1.5 mil)

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Josh Leivo has the potential to be a handy top 9 winger who can score goals. Needs to get a little stronger and how to use his body better, but for someone who will be on an ELC, could be a smart pick-up, as he could be in limbo in Toronto this year.

I don't want to see him go, but I think teams could be smart and give up something small for him and end up very happy with what they get, as they'd save Leafs a headache too probably.

Any interest in Peter holland? He can be a 3rd line winger that can produce 30-35 points and is going to have a low cap hit (1-1.5 mil)

I would be interested in both of these guys, especially in Leivo.

Could you describe what has been going on with Holland because he hasn't really figured it out in NHL yet? Close to .50 point guy in last two season still though, but I guess there is more potential?

You guys can value both of them, Pokka and Gustafsson are the first players which comes to mind from Hawks, but don't know if Leafs need any Dman?

I think there is nothing to work if Leafs don't need Dman because Hawks's lack of forward prospects.

Regsauceleafs

Jun 13, 2015
I think Peter holland has more value than Leivo, I think if Leivo pans out he can be a 20 goal guy play a middle 6 role. I think he's more of a risk as he hasn't proven himself in the NHL yet. Peter holland is stuck in the middle of being a centre and winger. He was developed as a centre but has since been shifted to wing under Babcock and you can see his potential and he has produced fairly well but I feel like there's still more production in him and maybe a chance can bring that out in him. I posted a proposal in the main thread as the leafs could use another rhd prospect. Let me know what you think, or would you rather have Leivo? Probably a bit cheaper, a bit younger but more risk

willyjones

May 30, 2013
I would be interested in both of these guys, especially in Leivo.

Could you describe what has been going on with Holland because he hasn't really figured it out in NHL yet? Close to .50 point guy in last two season still though, but I guess there is more potential?

You guys can value both of them, Pokka and Gustafsson are the first players which comes to mind from Hawks, but don't know if Leafs need any Dman?

I think there is nothing to work if Leafs don't need Dman because Hawks's lack of forward prospects.

Leafs really need some high reward d men. We have enough 5,6, and 7 d men leafs need someone who project top 4especially on the right side.... I have heard some decent things about Pokka , but would be the first person to tell you I do not know a lot about him. As for Holland, the guy needs consistency. Holland to me anyways is the type of player that need to play on third line, in the same position with the same line mates to really put it together.. he has some scoring touch but he is not a 4th line guy, he's not a mike Babcock 4th line grinder like martin is.. for me Holland plays better at center and can also play second pp if need be.. to be honest I think both Holland and leivo would be playing regular minutes with the leafs this year if we did not have all these cap dumps from trades on their last year of their contracts..

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Would like Gustafsson on the Jets. Any interest in Kosmachuk, Olsen or Blomqvist if you're only looking for potential.

Stafford at the trade deadline?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Leafs really need some high reward d men. We have enough 5,6, and 7 d men leafs need someone who project top 4especially on the right side.... I have heard some decent things about Pokka , but would be the first person to tell you I do not know a lot about him. As for Holland, the guy needs consistency. Holland to me anyways is the type of player that need to play on third line, in the same position with the same line mates to really put it together.. he has some scoring touch but he is not a 4th line guy, he's not a mike Babcock 4th line grinder like martin is.. for me Holland plays better at center and can also play second pp if need be.. to be honest I think both Holland and leivo would be playing regular minutes with the leafs this year if we did not have all these cap dumps from trades on their last year of their contracts..

I think Pokka could be solid #4 in future even with a contender if he develop his skating. He is very smart player and I've heard comparables with Kimmo Timonen, little bit slower but better defensively. He has little bit babyfat still and is not very muscular, but from report I've read, he has matured quite well in last two years and knows what it takes to play in NHL. I think there is a lot upside with him still.

Blackhawks just doesn't seem to like him and doesn't really need him because our D is rock 'n solid with all the depth.

I think we need 3C with offensive upside and there is chance you could play a guy like Marian Hossa. If he is mediocre skater I think you could end really nice depth player. And if we could add Leivo too I would be sincerely happy. I liked him with Leafs last season.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Would like Gustafsson on the Jets. Any interest in Kosmachuk or Blomqvist if you're only looking for potential.

Stafford at the trade deadline?

Potential to crack into the lineup following fall, I guess Kosmachuk and Blomqvist are a bit longer projects? Yes, no?

Stafford seems to play always good against the Blackhawks but I think we can't afford him now, but maybe at the TDL if we have more cap space with LTIR and other stuff I don't really understand yet.

willyjones

May 30, 2013
I think Pokka could be solid #4 in future even with a contender if he develop his skating. He is very smart player and I've heard comparables with Kimmo Timonen, little bit slower but better defensively. He has little bit babyfat still and is not very muscular, but from report I've read, he has matured quite well in last two years and knows what it takes to play in NHL. I think there is a lot upside with him still.

Blackhawks just doesn't seem to like him and doesn't really need him because our D is rock 'n solid with all the depth.

I think we need 3C with offensive upside and there is chance you could play a guy like Marian Hossa. If he is mediocre skater I think you could end really nice depth player. And if we could add Leivo too I would be sincerely happy. I liked him with Leafs last season.

I like both guys Holland and leivo, but for me I have a harder time trading leivo. I could see Holland easily putting up 35 to 45 points on the 3rd line and playing with the same line mates in the same position .Leivo is a shooter, kid definitely has an NHL shot and is ready, I hope the leafs give him his shot he has earned it.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Holland for Pokka straight up.

Add Corrado for Knott if you want a depth Dman for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad