Value of: Top 6 LW to PIT

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Rentals NEVER cost that much, except on HFBoards.

Lucic w 2 million retained got a 1st + Martin Jones (who was then flipped for a another 1st within a week) + Colin Miller.

Kane + a multiyear cap dump would certainly garner the same value OR MORE (1st + guy worth a 1st + a good prospect).

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
As Top 6 wingers available you have E. Kane, Patches, JVR, and possibly Patrick Maroon.

I think that the would probably target the Kane/Maroon type players because that's what they're missing.

Sprong/1st/Hagelin/2nd

Kane

Or possibly

Aston-Reese/Hagelin/2nd

Maroon

Take out the prospect and instead retain (heavily) on Haglin and I'd be interested.

Buy now and get Letestu as a free toss in :sarcasm:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That package for Kane is possible, but it's probably not reasonable to expect that kind of return for Kane. Teams don't usually trade their top prospects for rentals, it happens but it's not at all common. Kane also has the attitude issues that players like Hossa (Esposito was the top prospect in that deal) and Iginla (talking about the rumored Boston package with Khokhlachev) didn't have as rentals. I don't think it's reasonable to expect that kind of package for him, and I certainly don't agree that Hagelin has negative value.

The Maroon trade is also pretty bad, I'm not trading a good prospect and a 2nd for a complementary player who's a rental. I'd sooner just try and trade Hagelin for someone like Colin Wilson from Colorado.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
As Top 6 wingers available you have E. Kane, Patches, JVR, and possibly Patrick Maroon.

I think that the would probably target the Kane/Maroon type players because that's what they're missing.

Sprong/1st/Hagelin/2nd

Kane

Or possibly

Aston-Reese/Hagelin/2nd

Maroon

Both of those are no's from Pittsburgh. You re overrating Maroon's value and Kane is a locker room disaster, so giving them that is a bit much.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
What about a 2nd for Duclair?

I'd do that deal with Edmonton's 2nd (much higher than Pitts) and Arizona add's a 4th?

edit. Thought a Yotes fan posted it as the Caps thing jumped out at me. You really a Pens and Caps? Is that even possible?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Wishful thinking. I'm sure the Pens would love to unload Hagelin's extra year while getting a good player for the cost of a measly 2nd round pick.

Personally, I think Hagelin would fit really well with the Oilers. Strong defensively, insanely fast. Could mesh really well with McDavid.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Lucic w 2 million retained got a 1st + Martin Jones (who was then flipped for a another 1st within a week) + Colin Miller.

Lucic wasn't a pure rental either. Yes he only played there for a year, but it was for a full season, not 20 games+ POs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00