Top 50 scorers per decade

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Good point. Nobody trashes Canadians though. They may criticize them, but not to the negative degree that Yashin got trashed. It almost seems like if you are a foreigner, they act like you're stealing someone's job. Yashin was perennially surrounded by average players as well.

Would just like to say, I find these kind of comments in the History of Hockey section to be extremely ignorant.

Nothing personal.

Kresnik

Mar 14, 2011
Sweden
Top 3 in Hart voting 3 times. Twice 2nd, once 1st.

I'd love to hear how Alfredsson is close.

Don't let hart votes blind you, it's only a trophy based on subjection and not actually anything more then that. Iginla and Alfredsson have been close over the years, and points support this more then anything. Why is Iginlas 1000pt more worthy then Alfredssons? Ohi, most valued player to a team is a lot harder to determent then you think, we can not make a statement by only watching Hart votes, so me, Kresnik thinks it's better to compare them year on year basis and completely dismiss anything that is not a fact, so Art ross and scoring position is a better way to compare them. Man, trophy's have always corrupted the human mind to believe something is greater then it really was/is.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
decades doesn't mean anything , why is a decade 90-99 and not 95-04

It makes some players look better and some players look weaker because of when their career started.

If you would want this to have any credibility , we would have to do each damn decade starting every year.

00-09
01-10
02-11

I just don't see the point/appeal of doing this.

LeBlondeDemon10

Jul 10, 2010
Canada
Ethnic bias on this section of HF I find to be rare. The vast majority here are not playing favorites with Canadian players over Europeans, as you clearly alluded to.

I suppose its difficult to pick up the sarcasm I made my statement with. What I alluded to was a very real attitude up here for many years subscribed to by many and often led by Don Cherry.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I suppose its difficult to pick up the sarcasm I made my statement with. What I alluded to was a very real attitude up here for many years subscribed to by many and often led by Don Cherry.

If your statement was meant to be sarcasm, I apologize. I didn't get it.

As for Don Cherry, that was many moons ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad