TSN: Top 50 players poll; Ekblad 38th, Barkov 48th

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
I'd like to see this poll done again at the end of the year.

And yeah, I agree with Desert Panther. Let them underestimate us all year! Give our players motivation.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Let them underestimate us all year again ... I'm not worried about it in the least!

I'd like to see this poll done again at the end of the year.

And yeah, I agree with Desert Panther. Let them underestimate us all year! Give our players motivation.
Tbh I don't see them underestimating Ekblad/Barkov with this list at all, those are some damn good players that are ranked higher. Every d-man before Ekblad should be ahead of him and there's only like 2-3 guys (MacKinnon, Panarin & Kuznetsov IMO, then again I'd have ROR ahead of Barkov) that could/should bump Barkov up. All in all, they're right around where they should be and I wasn't even expecting Barkov to be on that list (due to lack of media coverage / media sexiness in general) when I started going through it.

And if you're suggesting that someone else from our roster should be on that list, take a look at the names on that list again.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Tbh I don't see them underestimating Ekblad/Barkov with this list at all, those are some damn good players that are ranked higher. Every d-man before Ekblad should be ahead of him and there's only like 2-3 guys (MacKinnon, Panarin & Kuznetsov IMO, then again I'd have ROR ahead of Barkov) that could/should bump Barkov up. All in all, they're right around where they should be and I wasn't even expecting Barkov to be on that list (due to lack of media coverage / media sexiness in general) when I started going through it.

And if you're suggesting that someone else from our roster should be on that list, take a look at the names on that list again.

Exactly, I'm pleasantly surprised Barkov even made the list.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I think last week they ranked Barkov the 10th best center in the league. He's getting his due.

Kudos to whoever compiled that list for giving Barkov recognition amongst the elite. But I'd actually argue that's too high.

Who I would have over Barkov no particular order

Crosby
Malkin
Bergeron
Kopitar
Toews
Giroux
Getzlaf
Thornton
Tavares
Backstrom
Seguin
Couture

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Kudos to whoever compiled that list for giving Barkov recognition amongst the elite. But I'd actually argue that's too high.

Who I would have over Barkov no particular order

Crosby
Malkin
Bergeron
Kopitar
Toews
Giroux
Getzlaf
Thornton
Tavares
Backstrom
Seguin
Couture
Pretty much and I take Backstrom off the list, rather Barkov. Bring Backstrom here see how goodnhe actually is without a certain best goal scorer on Earth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad