Top 50 players in the league #21

Who is the 21st best player in the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
The reigning Norris Trophy winner sneaks in as the 20th best player in the league.

The ranking thus far:

(16F-3D-1G)

1) Connor McDavid
2) Nikita Kucherov
3) Nathan MacKinnon
4) Leon Draisaitl
5) Victor Hedman
6) Auston Matthews
7) Artemi Panarin
8) Sidney Crosby
9) Andrei Vasilevskiy
10) Aleksander Barkov
11) Patrick Kane
12) Brad Marchand
13) Cale Makar
14) Jack Eichel
15) Brayden Point
16) David Pastrnak
17) Mikko Rantanen
18) Jonathan Huberdeau
19) Alexander Ovechkin
20) Adam Fox

Suggestions on who to add are welcome.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I went with Hellebuyck.

Jets are a good team but Hellebuyck is for me, their stand-out player, a top 3 goaltender in the league

Aho, Pietrangelo, Josi and Bergeron should then go next IMO, in some order

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Voted Stone

John Carlson being a votable player here is hilarious. Guy is an absolute pylon that puts up paper offensive stats.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Stone and John Carlson being a votable player here is hilarious. Guy is an absolute pylon that puts up paper offensive stats.
And what's the issue with Stone? Among the top scorers in the league while being one of the best defensive forwards. Not seeing the issue here.
Can’t say I watch a lot of Vegas but Pietro was by far their best player vs the Habs.
He was our best player throughout the playoffs. My thing is he was really bad in the regular season. Ultimately it didn't matter since we tied for first and made the conference finals but still. He was stunningly not worth his contract for much of the season. There was a point where I would've had him fourth on the depth chart just on performance alone behind Theodore, Martinez, and Whitecloud.

I guess you can make the argument that Stone disappeared offensively in the playoffs but he's a big part of Vegas' all around defense and I'm willing to say pretty confidently that we don't get past Colorado or Minnesota if Stone was out for the postseason. So it levels things off in my estimation in his favor.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
And what's the issue with Stone? Among the top scorers in the league while being one of the best defensive forwards. Not seeing the issue here.

He was our best player throughout the playoffs. My thing is he was really bad in the regular season. Ultimately it didn't matter since we tied for first and made the conference finals but still. He was stunningly not worth his contract for much of the season. There was a point where I would've had him fourth on the depth chart just on performance alone behind Theodore, Martinez, and Whitecloud.

I guess you can make the argument that Stone disappeared offensively in the playoffs but he's a big part of Vegas' all around defense and I'm willing to say pretty confidently that we don't get past Colorado or Minnesota if Stone was out for the postseason. So it levels things off in my estimation in his favor.
Oops I guess it reads incorrectly, I meant my vote was for Stone but wanted to add the bit about Carlson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad