Top 50 NHL Prospects: Reinhart, Vasilevskiy lead Top 10 section of Spring ranking

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
sam_reinhart_canada_122614.jpg
Photo: Kootenay Ice forward and Buffalo Sabres prospect Sam Reinhart tied for the scoring lead at the 2015 U20 World Junior Championship, posting 11 points in seven games for Team Canada (courtesy of Aaron Bell/CHL Images)

</p>The Spring edition of the Hockey’s Future ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects concludes with the top 10 prospects.

The top 10 consists of six forwards, two defensemen, and two goaltenders. Five of the players in this top 10 were selected in the 2014 NHL Draft while nine are former first round picks.

All but one of the players in this section of the rankings were featured in the Fall edition of the Top 50.… read more

The post Top 50 NHL Prospects: Reinhart, Vasilevskiy lead Top 10 section of Spring ranking appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

CatsforReinhart

Jul 27, 2014
Frankfurt
Crazy how Risto has progressed so much farther along then Nurse.

I am a little nervous of Reinhart. I am sure he will turn out to be a solid 2nd line center but it is frustrating that we draft the top offensive prospect and he is not as comparable to the last 4 or 5 drafts when it comes to being excited about an offensive prospect.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Crazy how Risto has progressed so much farther along then Nurse.

While it is remarkable how fast Ristolainen has progressed, I doubt the disparity between the two players' will be all that large when all is said in done. It plagues HF that if you make the NHL sooner that you're immediately a better player. (Reinhart vs Bennett, for example) Both look like they're going to be great, though I kinda see Nurse as a #2, borderline #1, where I think Ristolainen will be a legit #1.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
So the good news is we have the current top prospect according to HF and will shortly have two of the top five but on the flip side nothing else in the top 50. Barbashev's name stood out with all of the debate surrounding his potential selection last year. Overall it's not a huge deal because most of our prospects are either in the NHL or still a couple of years away from (hopefully) being mentioned in this type of article.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
The Sabres just graduated Ristolainen, Zadorov, Grigorenko, Girgensons, etc. Not worried about this as we are now a top team in young talent vs prospects.

Even so, Eichel will start out next fall on our list so we should have one more year as top 3 prospect pool team.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Whoever wrote this piece has clearly not been following the Sam Reinhart threads.

From those threads we have learned that Sam is clearly a bust. Too slow, doesn't control the puck long enough, too much of a distributor, too small, not strong enough and that his game will not translate to the NHL level.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Whoever wrote this piece has clearly not been following the Sam Reinhart threads.

From those threads we have learned that Sam is clearly a bust. Too slow, doesn't control the puck long enough, too much of a distributor, too small, not strong enough and that his game will not translate to the NHL level.

Plus Bennett was the obvious pick at #2 and Murray screwed up.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
:clap:

Finally a decent ****ing list. Reinhart > Bennett and Draisaitl.

Some common sense from HF for once.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Thought Reinhart would drop, glad to see he jumped up to the top.

Although none of this matters.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Agreed, Reinhart is very underrated on HFBoards

Can't believe there are people who think Draisaitl will be better than him

I don't think it's particularly hard for someone to believe Draisaitl or Bennett will be better

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I don't think it's particularly hard for someone to believe Draisaitl or Bennett will be better
I do and I can't possibly see how anyone would think like this unless they are a Flames fan or an Oilers fan.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

I agree. Other than the generational talents, who knows which recently drafted forward will have the best career?

If someone told us back in 2003 that there could be 5-10 forwards selected after Vanek that will have better careers, we would think that person was nuts. Today Getzlaf (#19) would probably be redrafted #1.

We just don't know. ****, Larkin could end up being the best forward from last year's draft. And they didn't need to tank to get him :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad