Top 50 NHL Prospects: Oilers, Sabres, and Leafs each place duo in Fall Top 10

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005
connor_mcdavid_edmonton_102515.jpg
Photo: Edmonton Oilers rookie forward Connor McDavid has begun to produce after a quiet start to his 2015-16 season, netting five goals and 12 points in 11 games (courtesy of Chris LaFrance/Icon Sportswire)

</p>The final section of the Hockey’s Future ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects features the least controversial 1-2 ranking in memory. Connor McDavid of the Edmonton Oilers and Jack Eichel of the Buffalo Sabres are two of the most dynamic young players to arrive on the NHL scene since Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin debuted a decade ago.

After those two, we presented 48 excellent young hockey players.… read more

The post Top 50 NHL Prospects: Oilers, Sabres, and Leafs each place duo in Fall Top 10 appeared first on Hockey's Future.

More...

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Strome, Nylander and Bennet should be nocked down a few notches.
Nurse should be higher up.
There aren't many players on this list whom are established as Nurse is.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
I guess I'm out of the loop, what has Bennett proved to be 7 spots higher in the top 10 than Draisaitl? I must have a terrible gauge of hockey talent.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sam Bennett is the third best prospect in the world? :laugh: absolutely absurd. Two Leafs in the top 10 is obviously to pander to an Eastern audience.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I guess I'm out of the loop, what has Bennett proved to be 7 spots higher in the top 10 than Draisaitl? I must have a terrible gauge of hockey talent.

Well he did have those 4 points in the playoffs last year. That apparently means he's a star. Who cares about how fact he couldn't even go a PPG in the OHL playoffs right?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Here is the true top prospects list.

1. Connor McDavid
2. Jack Eichel
3. Max Domi
4. Nikolaj Ehlers
5. Dylan Larkin
6. Leon Draisaitl
7. William Nylander
8. Sam Reinhart
9. Sam Bennet
10. Darnel Nurse

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
I like Bennett but he is not the 3rd best prospect in hockey. What a joke.

Getzlafoutloud

Sep 15, 2015
Drais has more goals in one game then bennett has in 10 plus a much better junior career to base expectations off of and great size. So why is bennett ranked higher than him?

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Here is the true top prospects list.

1. Connor McDavid
2. Jack Eichel
3. Max Domi
4. Nikolaj Ehlers
5. Dylan Larkin
6. Leon Draisaitl
7. William Nylander
8. Sam Reinhart
9. Sam Bennet
10. Darnel Nurse

I'd switch Ehlers and Domi, but otherwise I agree (although I think Nurse has the potential to pass the two Sams).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad