Top 50: Barkov, Drouin top Spring ranking of NHL’s top prospects

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Spring edition of the Hockey's Future ranking of the Top 50 NHL prospects concludes with the prospects ranked 1-10. The top prospect is Florida Panthers forward Aleksander Barkov, who narrowly beat out Jonathan Drouin for top honors in the ranking.

Several prospects remain eligible for the list after missing time with injury during the 2013-14 season. Players like Barkov, Tomas Hertl, and Ryan Murray were all on pace to graduate before knee injuries ended their respective seasons.

1. Aleksander Barkov, C, Florida Panthers
Height: 6-2, Weight: 205, Fall ranking – 8

An all-around center with elite skill level and a propensity for strong defensive zone play, Aleksander Barkov has met the expectations that came with being the number two overall pick at the 2013 NHL Draft.… read more

More...

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
Good to see. I miss him on this team. We played so much better. Also Tampa has two players on there. They have a great amount of depth upcoming.

cats31

Jun 19, 2013
Yeah Tampa has sort-of quietly built themselves a nice prospect pool. I have Palat on one of my fantasy teams FFS.

Yeah pretty crazy the depth of talent they have. Anyone surprised Matheson or Trocheck weren't on there?

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Matheson isn't on a lot of peoples' radars. He was a low first rounder and his stats at BC are overshadowed by their offensive firepower. Who knows with him.. I hope he gets AHL seasoning soon.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Matheson isn't on a lot of peoples' radars. He was a low first rounder and his stats at BC are overshadowed by their offensive firepower. Who knows with him.. I hope he gets AHL seasoning soon.

Yup. Telling too he stepping into a #1D role as a freshman for BC. The kid has a tonne of skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad