Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Here is my list:

1. Russell Westbrook
2. Karl Anthony-Towns
3. Kyle Kuzma
4. Devin Booker
5. Pascal Siakam

Dont see how Siakam is overrated. He stepped up huge this year. He’s not as consistent as the Raps would like but when he’s on, he’s really really good. He’s still putting it all together but he’s young and with Derozan and now Kawhi leaving he’s filled in as the go to offensive threat while playing very good D. Look at his numbers this year, his all star nod was deserved.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Dont see how Siakam is overrated. He stepped up huge this year. He’s not as consistent as the Raps would like but when he’s on, he’s really really good. He’s still putting it all together but he’s young and with Derozan and now Kawhi leaving he’s filled in as the go to offensive threat while playing very good D. Look at his numbers this year, his all star nod was deserved.
It's more along the lines of people thinking he's a superstar when he is really only a star and the Raptors 2nd best player.

And he has a large discrepancy in performance vs. playoff and non-playoff teams.

And Jayson Tatum is better.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I agree re:Siakam. He took on a bigger scoring load this year and his efficiency took a huge (and predictable) drop. Seemed like he got buzz for Most Improved Player again at times this year but imo he was about as effective as he was last year. Around the 20th best player in the league rather than pushing the top 10.

I'm not sure Towns is overrated. He is bad at defense and maybe he doesn't have a great mentality but he also gets blamed for team elements that are out of his control, and he doesn't get enough hype for how good he is at offense. Hard to get a grasp of public opinion and how players are rated for me.

Reactions: Cassano

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sure he’s not a top 10 or really all that close to it. I’ll agree if someone is pumping him up to superstar level, he’s not there but he’s still a really good, but inconsistent player.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I agree re:Siakam. He took on a bigger scoring load this year and his efficiency took a huge (and predictable) drop. Seemed like he got buzz for Most Improved Player again at times this year but imo he was about as effective as he was last year. Around the 20th best player in the league rather than pushing the top 10.

I'm not sure Towns is overrated. He is bad at defense and maybe he doesn't have a great mentality but he also gets blamed for team elements that are out of his control, and he doesn't get enough hype for how good he is at offense. Hard to get a grasp of public opinion and how players are rated for me.
The issue with Towns is not his offense. 50-40-80 percentages are insanely good for his position.

His bad defense hurts his overall effectiveness as a player.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The issue with Towns is not his offense. 50-40-80 percentages are insanely good for his position.

His bad defense hurts his overall effectiveness as a player.

Seems like a lot of people don't think he's a top 20 player and view him much more negatively due to his mentality/defense/playing on a bad team in a small market than perimeter players with terrible defense (e.g. Trae Young) who are in the same tier or worse offensively. Maybe we just see different opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad