• Schwartz - o’Reilly - perron

• Miller - Petterson- boeser

• Pacioretty- Karlsson - stone

• Connor - Scheifele- wheeler

Results are only viewable after voting.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Pick the top 5 most dominant lines in the nhl going into next season when healthy (i.e assume Marchand, Pastrnak, etc are healthy). Feel free to swap out a player if I’m off

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Boston
Colorado
Carolina
Edmonton (Draisaitl line)
Tampa

HM: Washington, Vancouver, and Toronto.

Reactions: snipes

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Boston has the best line in the nhl which I hope they split up 5v5 to spread the depth, but that's a whole different debate.

Carolina flies a bit under the radar. Their 1st line is incredibly good and is probably the closest line that matches Boston's.

Can never go wrong with Colorado or Tampa's. Hard not to have them on that list. A little asterisk around Palat though because he still could be moved to clear cap, however I'm sure there's plenty of others that could play third wheel to Point and Kucherov.

5th one's a toss up. I went with Winnipeg because I'm a Blake Wheeler fan. Maybe a bit of bias in that one.

There is a lot of good lines on this list so we'll get a good variety of answers.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Boston has the best line in the nhl which I hope they split up 5v5 to spread the depth, but that's a whole different debate.

Carolina flies a bit under the radar. Their 1st line is incredibly good and is probably the closest line that matches Boston's.

Can never go wrong with Colorado or Tampa's. Hard not to have them on that list. A little asterisk around Palat though because he still could be moved to clear cap, however I'm sure there's plenty of others that could play third wheel to Point and Kucherov.

5th one's a toss up. I went with Winnipeg because I'm a Blake Wheeler fan. Maybe a bit of bias in that one.

There is a lot of good lines on this list so we'll get a good variety of answers.

In their time together RNH-Draisiatl-Yamamoto was the best line the NHL by a considerable margin.

The raw point totals and analytics bear this out.

Reactions: TopCheese

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
I had a difficult time picking the last two after Boston, Colorado, and Tampa Bay’s. I went with Toronto and Carolina’s top lines because they both have a history of positively influencing play into the opposition’s end with great production.

Don’t really care for Edmonton’s lines — they are awful defensively.

Vancouver was really close for me. They were part of my toss up between Toronto and Carolina.

Attachments

• 33DAF724-7A07-4E60-A21F-43E4F36F149D.png
    33DAF724-7A07-4E60-A21F-43E4F36F149D.png
    383.9 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
I think Boston, Colorado, and Tampa are a pretty clear top 3 for me. All 3 are elite on offense and at least decent on defense. After that its a toss up but I went with Vegas and Toronto. Would probably put Edmonton 6th but I am less convinced given the sample size

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I couldn't bring myself to vote for the many lines listed here that haven't regularly played together or haven't been confirmed or speculated upon by anyone but the OP.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
I couldn't bring myself to vote for the many lines listed here that haven't regularly played together or haven't been confirmed or speculated upon by anyone but the OP.
Read the OP. It says feel free to swap a player out for another if I had the line combos off. And for what it’s worth, these line combos have been speculated upon by many people not just me. Thanks for your great input into the discussion though

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The clear top 4 for me are:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Palat - Point - Kucherov
Burakovsky - Mackinnon - Rantanen
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto

That 4th one isn't getting a ton of votes, but if they're even 80% as good as they were in the second half, I think it's in that top group unquestionably.

Reactions: TopCheese

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Why is Burakovsky in the Avs line instead of Landy?

Given that Burakovsky has always scored like gangbusters next to Mackinnon, and that Landeskog helps beef up Kadri's line more, there are a lot of Avs fans that think Burakovsky should start on the topline. I'm assuming here that you just aren't on the Avs board for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad