Top 5 Good Things about the Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Ouch...

oh the "pain" of winnipeg. I'd say the Nordiques have a bit more pain seeing their franchise pack up and move to Colorado only to win a stanley cup their first year in town.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
rwilson99 said:
1. Players in Buffalo, Ottawa and Pittsburgh KNOW that they won't get their paychecks.

I thought I heard from somewhere that the NHL is paying the players atleast $10,000 a month.

justapantherfan

Mar 12, 2002
Sunrise, Fl
www.simplaying.com
PJ_26 said:
I thought I heard from somewhere that the NHL is paying the players atleast $10,000 a month.

The NHL is not paying them the NHLPA is paying them either 5g or 10g a month. Nothing compared to what they are used to making.

So the Union is shelling out 3.5mil min. a month. That would be going with them paying everyone the 5g a month salary. Not sure how many of them are getting the 10g a month. So to date they would have paid out a min. of 14mil (Including January). Remember that this is the low figure, that would be paying all players the 5g a month. 16mil (4months) if they are paying 500 of them the 5g and 200 of them the 10g.

justapantherfan

Mar 12, 2002
Sunrise, Fl
www.simplaying.com
Hmmm now that I think about it, I guess they can say the same thing for players that went down to the minors and are collecting a paycheck there. Well guess the NHLPA is not shelling out as much as I/We all thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad