OT: Top 5 Favourite Players From the Last Season

Favourite Players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It says favorite player not best performing player.

Sure, and I get it means a bunch of possible things here so maybe for some it's simply Sid is one of their favourite players and he was here last season, but I'm mildly curious because a lot of people are treating it as "who were your favourite Pens to watch last season" and Sid wasn't huge fun to watch. And wondering whether it's that interpretation of what the poll means, or whether it's people who disagree with me and thought Sid was huge fun to watch.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Hand to heart I do not understand how anyone loved Sid's performance from last season unless they always hit the Crosby button when they see the word favourite. I mean, gutsing it through the hernia was impressive, but he clearly wasn't his best self and frequently not that fun to watch.

Yeah, it was not great by Sid standards. On the other hand, I think Malkin had an electrifying year.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
It says favorite player not best performing player.

It was kind of specific>>>>>"Last Year."

Last year had it been a top 6.

I'd go...

Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
Letang, Marino
Jarry

The only electrifying part of last year.

Being a top 5 I had to weigh between Letang and Marino, and I went Marino because he was just phenomenal.

INCOMPLETE:

Guentzel, Malkin, Rust
Marino
Jarry

So picking your favorite players<<<<<<Favorite Players "LAST YEAR" is not the same concept.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Shouldn’t Fleury be on the list?

The Pittsburgh Knights....

Hm... I kind of like the ring of it, but.....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I also think it gets underrated how well Jake was playing before the injury. His numbers were good, but he was so consistent and controlling more of his shifts (rather than complimenting his centerman) than I’ve ever seen from him.

Guentzel-Malkin-Rust is the single greatest line I've seen in my time as a Pens fan. I think Guentzel and Crosby have to kill it (which they can do) next season to justify keeping it apart.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Guentzel-Malkin-Rust is the single greatest line I've seen in my time as a Pens fan. I think Guentzel and Crosby have to kill it (which they can do) next season to justify keeping it apart.

unfortunately, it won’t matter because Sully caters to Sid at every turn and Sid wants Jake on his line...end of story

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Hand to heart I do not understand how anyone loved Sid's performance from last season unless they always hit the Crosby button when they see the word favourite. I mean, gutsing it through the hernia was impressive, but he clearly wasn't his best self and frequently not that fun to watch.

I changed my fifth vote from Blueger to Crosby just because I fear the drama the main board would cause if Sid wasn't on our top 5. :ha:

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Geno, Rust, Guentzel, Marino, Jarry

Can't vote Sid given that his defensive (lack of) effort after his return set the tone for the team's implosion.

Geno and Rust's suckiness in the COVID playoffs shouldn't wipe out their dominance during the RS.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I also think it gets underrated how well Jake was playing before the injury. His numbers were good, but he was so consistent and controlling more of his shifts (rather than complimenting his centerman) than I’ve ever seen from him.

Jake's short time as a fill-in 2C was also mighty impressive. Weren't there also games where Sid/Geno were out and Jake played 1C?

The guy is an ELITE complimentary player.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Geno, Rust, Guentzel, Marino, Jarry

Can't vote Sid given that his defensive (lack of) effort after his return set the tone for the team's implosion.

Geno and Rust's suckiness in the COVID playoffs shouldn't wipe out their dominance during the RS.

It shouldn't but it already has in a lot of people's minds.

I picked the same list you did, BTW. It's a shame such a truly dominant year is washed by some horseshit novelty tournament in which the entire team played like ass but I suppose thems the breaks.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Jake's short time as a fill-in 2C was also mighty impressive. Weren't there also games where Sid/Geno were out and Jake played 1C?

The guy is an ELITE complimentary player.

Pretty sure we never had both out at the same time.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Voted for Crosby, Malkin, Marino, Rust, and JJ.

Reasoning for JJ is simple: anytime he wasn’t on the ice I appreciated all of the other players so much more.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Okay, who other than me voted for Jack Johnson and ZAR?

My guess is @HandshakeLine (troll factor) and @Gurglesons (couldn't vote for Letang 5 times factor) and @ColePens (love factor)

I voted JJ because let's be honest. Good press, bad press...JJ was a hot topic. He was in a way everyone's favorite.

Think about it this way. We can write off last year as 'JJ torpedoes another year'. I feel less sad projecting all blame on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad