Top 5 (22 and under): NJD vs MTL vs DET vs OTT vs BUF vs ANA

Best

• NJD: J.Hughes-Holtz-Mercer-L.Hughes-Nemec

• MTL: Suzuki-Caufield-Slafkovsky-Dach-Guhle

• DET: Raymond-Berggren-Seider-Edvinsson-Cossa(G)

• OTT: Stutzle-Tkachuk-Greig-Pinto-Sanderson

• BUF: Cozens-Quinn-Krebs-Power-Dahlin

• ANA: Zegras-McTavish-Drysdale-Mintyukov-Zellweger

Results are only viewable after voting.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
it would be interesting to see where ottawa would have ended up if they kept byram

I've actually never thought about it. Might have something to do with getting Sanderson with their own pick and being fortunate enough to also walk away with Stutzle from another teams pick in the very next draft.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I've actually never thought about it. Might have something to do with getting Sanderson with their own pick and being fortunate enough to also walk away with Stutzle from another teams pick in the very next draft.
stutzle, tkachuk, pinto, byram, sanderson vs hughes, holtz, mercer, hughes, nemec would be a great head-to-head battle. nj looks like it has more potential but ottawa would be more proven.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
do you mean duchene? that pick was used in the duchene trade. the sens could have had both byram and tkachuk.
Yes it was Duchene, but Sens had choice on which first to give up, they decided to go with Tkachuk over Bryam. Smart choice.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Yes it was Duchene, but Sens had choice on which first to give up, they decided to go with Tkachuk over Bryam. Smart choice.
more luck than anything. that pick had the highest odds to be jack hughes lol. imagine if the sens had hughes.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
more luck than anything. that pick had the highest odds to be jack hughes lol. imagine if the sens had hughes.

Under that system the most likely scenario for the last play team was picking 4th with 50.6%, only 18.5% chance of picking first. Weird game you are playing.

I often wonder what would have happened if Andrew Hammond never existed. Would Connor McDavid be a Ottawa Senator?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Under that system the most likely scenario for the last play team was picking 4th with 50.6%, only 18.5% chance of picking first. Weird game you are playing.

the next best pick had 13.5% odds. so yes that pick had the highest odds of being jack hughes.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
the next best pick had 13.5% odds. so yes that pick had the highest odds of being jack hughes.

The scenario most likely to happen, happened. I don’t think I need to explain further. Trolling doesn’t require being daft.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
you don’t know if you’ll finish dead last a year out, even if you did, its an 82% chance someone else wins, and
Sens made the smart play. Now you probably derailed this enough I’d say.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It’s a shame Hughes is a soft player, 109 hits for Stützle this year, 44 for Hughes in his career.
Needs to play even a little physical.
How many hits did Stutzle have last night? However many it was, looks like it had a real effect on the scoreboard.

He’s down to 1.12ppg now just to keep everyone in the loop.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Why would you need to hit when you are among the fastest skaters in the league and have an active stick that causes turnovers every other shift? Perhaps if Stutzle focused on the puck more instead of hits he would be at Hughes level?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why would you need to hit when you are among the fastest skaters in the league and have an active stick that causes turnovers every other shift? Perhaps if Stutzle focused on the puck more instead of hits he would be at Hughes level?
Lol, you just described Stutzle in that first sentence. Why would a player need to hit, you’re a funny person.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They got those 2 in the same draft.

The next year they drafted the prospect whose name is to never be spoken

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
This is my list of top 5 point scorers from each team. I have bolded things that are extremely impressive in the context of their team, or list as a whole. For example; Jesper Bratt is not highlighted but he has put together two strong seasons in a row. Not a slight. Same for most of Ottawas roster. Seider is still amazing, Detroit fans, if you get my point.

NJD:

Jack Hughes - 95 Points (18 Points higher than #2)
Nico Hischier - 77 Points
Dougie Hamilton - 73 Points (D, Impressive)
Jesper Bratt - 70 Points
Dawson Mercer - 55 Points (Rookie in top 5)

BUF:

Tage Thompson - 93 Points (18 Points higher than #2)
Jeff Skinner - 75 Points
Alex Tuch - 74 Points
Rasus Dahlin - 72 Points (D, Impressive)
Dylan Cozens - 67 Points

OTT:

Tim Stützle - 84 Points
Brady Tkachuk - 79 Points
Claude Giroux - 74 Points
Alex DeBrincat - 64 Points
Drake Batherson - 60 Points

DET:

Dylan Larkin - 78 Points (24 Points higher than #2)
David Perron - 54 Points
Lucas Raymond - 45 Points
Dominik Kubalik - 45 Points
Moritz Seider - 42 Points

ANA:

Trevor Zegras - 60 Points
Troy Terrry - 57 Points
Cam Fowler - 44 Points
Mason McTavish - 42 Points (Rookie in top 5)
Frank Vatrano - 39 Points

MTL:

Nick Suzuki - 63 Points (25 Points higher than #2)
Kirby Dach - 38 Points
Cole Caufield - 36 Points
Mike Hoffman - 34 Points
Mike Matheson - 33 Points

These teams are in order of who I think is the farthest ahead in their rebuilds. There are of course players in this poll that are not on my list but I have accounted for them in my rankings.

NJD, BUF, OTT are all in a more advanced stage of their "rebuilds".
DET, ANA, MTL are all in the earlier stages.

I just hope this stops people from blindly throwing players point totals around as if 70 Points playing on ANA MTL or DET is the same as 70 points playing for NJD, BUF or OTT. Montreal's top 5 scorers added up produced 204 points (injuries to everything with arms and legs). NJD top two players are already at a combined 172 total points. Their top 5 has 370 total points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad