Not open for further replies.

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
North American

1. Sidney Crosby, C, Rimouski (QMJHL)
2. Gilbert Brule, C, Vancouver (WHL)
3. Guillaume Latendresse, LW, Drummondville (QMJHL)
4. Daniel Bertram, F, Boston College, NCAA
5.Andrew Cogliano, C, St. Michael's Jr. A (OPJHL)
6 Jack Johnson, D, US Under 18
7 Chris Durand, C, Seattle (WHL)
8 Devin Setoguchi, C, Saskatoon (WHL)
9 JP Levasseur, G, Rouyn-Noranda (QMJHL)
10 Bobby Ryan, RW, Owen Sound (OHL)
11 Marc Staal, D, Sudbury (OHL)
12 Ryan Mior, G, PEI (QMJHL)
13 Matt Lahoff, D, Kitchener (OHL)
14 Daniel Ryder F Peterborough (OHL)
15 Ryan Wilson, D, St. Michael's (OHL)
16 Ryan O'Marra, C/LW, Erie (OHL)
17 Nick Drazenovic, C, Prince George (WHL)
18 Alex Bourret, RW, Lewiston (QMJHL)
19 Jean-Philippe Paquet. D Shawinigan
20 Luc Bourdon, D, Val D'Or (QMJHL)
21 Mike Gauthier, D, Prince Albert(WHL)
22 Carey Price,G, WHL
23 Brendan Mikkelson. D, WHL
24 Jack Skille, LW, US Under 18
25 Ray Macias, D, Kamloops (WHL)
26. Kyle Lamb, D, OHL
27. Patrick Davis, LW, OHL
28. TJ Hensick, F, Opt out from 04
29. Dustin Kohn Calgary.D, (WHL)
30. Scott Jackson, D, Seattle
31. Ryan Parent , D, OHL
32. Devereaux Heshmatpour. D Kitchener (OHL)
33. Nate Hagemo ,D, USA
34. Brock Bradford, C, (BCJHL)
35. Adam Hobson, F, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
36. Patrick McNeill, D, Saginaw (OHL)
37. Ryan Stoa, F, NTDP U17
38. Justin Saulnier, F, QMJHL
39. Andrew Androcopolous,D, QMJHL
40. Brian Lee, F, USA
HM: Mike Stuart: Nathan Gerbe: Jason Lawrence: Marc-Andre Cote: Riley Merkley

need lots of feedback. Thanks!

Last edited:

Doug Evinou

Jan 25, 2003
Hamilton
Visit site
here are a few ohlers who are good:

cal clutterbuck (st. mikes) - C
phil oreskovic (brampton) - D
justin wallingford (oshawa) - under the absolutely huge d-man file
steve downie (windsor) - F
elgin reid (ottawa) - D

i wouldn't put any of them as first rounders, but i think they'll all improve next year with more ice time in their second ohl seasons, and will get drafted. they can all play.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
A few US guys who could end up in the North American top 40...

Jeff Frazee- Goalie of the NTDP U17 team. He had a poor showing at the U17 World Challenge but was very good the rest of the season.

Ryan Stoa- Another NTDP U17 team member, he probably has better NHL potential than Jason Lawrence who you have listed. He's got good size (6'2" or 6'3") and pretty good skill.

Mike Stuart- Huge (6'5" 220) NTDP U17 d-man. I know that the Red Line Report had him quite high in their rankings at one point.

Brian Lee- Played Minnesota High School hockey last season. He'll either return there or head to the USHL. I've heard that he's got excellent potential.

EJHL guys like Tim Kunes (d-man) or Brian Foster (goalie) could end up getting attention.

There will probably be some surprises from the "lower" US leagues like there are every year.

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
who are some of the best american 87's in the CHL. we hear a lot about the americans playing with the ntdp but there must be some good ones in the O and the DUB

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
dubfan said:
who are some of the best american 87's in the CHL. we hear a lot about the americans playing with the ntdp but there must be some good ones in the O and the DUB

There are actually a pretty good number of '87 born Americans playing in the CHL but I haven't heard a lot about most of them. Here are the names I know of...

QMJHL
James Pouliot, Forward (late Bday), Halifax
Joey Ryan, Defense (late Bday), Quebec
Andrew Andricopoulos, Defense, Quebec

OHL
Bobby Ryan, Forward, Owen Sound
Steve Spade, Defense (late Bday), Barrie
Tommy Mannino, Forward, Windsor
Dan Collins, Forward, Plymouth
Sean O'Connor, Forward, Erie
Adam Abraham, Defense, Mississauga
Chris Gravelding, Defense (late Bday), Kitchener
Devereax Heshmatpour, Defense, Kitchener
Chad Loikets, Defense, Erie
Ryan McGinnis, Defense, Plymouth
Scott Zimmerman, Forward, Mississauga
Nick Foligno, Forward (late Bday), Sudbury ('04-'05 Rookie)
Luke Lynes, Forward (Late Bday), Brampton ('04-'05 Rookie)

WHL
Joey Perricone, Goalie, Moose Jaw
Sean Zimmerman, Defense, Spokane
Tim Kraus, Forward, Vancouver

Some have had a lot of hype over the years but others are still a bit of a mystery to me. Anyone have any impressions on these guys? Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
If Brock Bradford is in your top 40 then Nathan Gerbe should be. Gerbe is maybe IMO the closest thing to Theo Fleury yet, the guys is a great skater, energy player, awsome offensive ability that is electrifying to watch and he loves the rough play dishing out hits, also works his tail off every shift. Bradford IMO though is unltra talented, I think he is way too weak right now, and even though he had a great point total at the U17s, I found most games he was pushed off the puck super easy and throw around easy, he played on a line with Brule and Setouguchi and it wouldn't be hard to put points up with those two guys, IMO I think Bradford will drop out of the top 60 if he can't improve his strength, he has top 30 talent, but IF HE CAN'T IMPROVE HIS STRENGTH then I think he will fall to 3rd round or so.

TKLOOCH22

Jul 23, 2002
Nueva York
Visit site
Doug Evinou said:
yeah, you're right. sorry.

No problem. It seems like a lot of people dont notice that he has to wait a year to be drafted because of playing at the U-18's this summer. That puts Little and Clutterbuck as 2006's with international tournament experience. :)

sloppyice

Aug 4, 2004
Top 5 missing

Nate Hagemo's name doesn't appear.
A very well kept secret it appears........
Nate will be a top 10 if not a top 5.
Nate may not have the overall height
5'11" or 6", but he has the heart that very
few others have. Extremely strong, especially lower body, for his size
It is my understanding he had a very good tryout in
Grand Forks over the weekend.
Should definitely be on the list.....

Dan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The reports on Nate Hagemo were very positive from the evaluation camp, even from Sioux fans. When Keith Ballard signed with the Coyotes, his name popped up as someone that could try to replace that void. He will get plenty of attention playing for the Gophers.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
The only problem with Hagemo from an NHL draft perspective is his size. If you're under 6'0" and you play defense you have to be pretty exceptional to get drafted in the first few rounds.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
cagney said:
A few US guys who could end up in the North American top 40...

Jeff Frazee- Goalie of the NTDP U17 team. He had a poor showing at the U17 World Challenge but was very good the rest of the season.

Ryan Stoa- Another NTDP U17 team member, he probably has better NHL potential than Jason Lawrence who you have listed. He's got good size (6'2" or 6'3") and pretty good skill.

Mike Stuart- Huge (6'5" 220) NTDP U17 d-man. I know that the Red Line Report had him quite high in their rankings at one point.

Brian Lee- Played Minnesota High School hockey last season. He'll either return there or head to the USHL. I've heard that he's got excellent potential.

EJHL guys like Tim Kunes (d-man) or Brian Foster (goalie) could end up getting attention.

There will probably be some surprises from the "lower" US leagues like there are every year.

Brian Lee should definitely be in there...If he has a good year he could easily be a first rounder.

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
cagney said:
There are actually a pretty good number of '87 born Americans playing in the CHL but I haven't heard a lot about most of them. Here are the names I know of...

QMJHL
James Pouliot, Forward (late Bday), Halifax
Joey Ryan, Defense (late Bday), Quebec
Andrew Andricopoulos, Defense, Quebec

OHL
Bobby Ryan, Forward, Owen Sound
Steve Spade, Defense (late Bday), Barrie
Tommy Mannino, Forward, Windsor
Dan Collins, Forward, Plymouth
Sean O'Connor, Forward, Erie
Adam Abraham, Defense, Mississauga
Chris Gravelding, Defense (late Bday), Kitchener
Devereax Heshmatpour, Defense, Kitchener
Chad Loikets, Defense, Erie
Ryan McGinnis, Defense, Plymouth
Scott Zimmerman, Forward, Mississauga
Nick Foligno, Forward (late Bday), Sudbury ('04-'05 Rookie)
Luke Lynes, Forward (Late Bday), Brampton ('04-'05 Rookie)

WHL
Joey Perricone, Goalie, Moose Jaw
Sean Zimmerman, Defense, Spokane
Tim Kraus, Forward, Vancouver

Some have had a lot of hype over the years but others are still a bit of a mystery to me. Anyone have any impressions on these guys? Am I missing anyone?

does anyone have any kind of report on these 3 americans from the dub?? and why werent any of them on the under 18 team?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Can anyone tell me anything about Raymond Macias. This is a very interesting prospect to me, being that he's from the LBC! Also, is there any hard-hitting, hard-shooting, all-around defensemen in this years draft, ala Suter, Phaneuf, and Green?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
rt said:
Can anyone tell me anything about Raymond Macias. This is a very interesting prospect to me, being that he's from the LBC! Also, is there any hard-hitting, hard-shooting, all-around defensemen in this years draft, ala Suter, Phaneuf, and Green?

Anikeenko is an extremley hard hitter

Paquet is a very good hitter as well

Jack Johnson is a real hard hitter

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
rt said:
Can anyone tell me anything about Raymond Macias. This is a very interesting prospect to me, being that he's from the LBC!
Ray Macias is a smooth-skating offensive defenseman. So much so, that at times he was used at forward for Kamloops last year. From what I've seen, he could use some work defensively, as he sometimes makes high-risk plays. But he's fast and really knows his way around the offensive zone. I do think he could be a mid to late 1st rounder, due to his offensive abilities alone.

rt said:
Also, is there any hard-hitting, hard-shooting, all-around defensemen in this years draft, ala Suter, Phaneuf, and Green?
I haven't seen many others, but Jack Johnson is an all-around defenseman with a lot of offensive ability. He's a smooth skater, has a big time shot, and has a bit of a mean streak when the going gets tough defensively. Should be a top 10 pick.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
moosefan said:
If Brock Bradford is in your top 40 then Nathan Gerbe should be. Gerbe is maybe IMO the closest thing to Theo Fleury yet, the guys is a great skater, energy player, awsome offensive ability that is electrifying to watch and he loves the rough play dishing out hits, also works his tail off every shift. Bradford IMO though is unltra talented, I think he is way too weak right now, and even though he had a great point total at the U17s, I found most games he was pushed off the puck super easy and throw around easy, he played on a line with Brule and Setouguchi and it wouldn't be hard to put points up with those two guys, IMO I think Bradford will drop out of the top 60 if he can't improve his strength, he has top 30 talent, but IF HE CAN'T IMPROVE HIS STRENGTH then I think he will fall to 3rd round or so.

I've seen Bradford play, and I'd have to agree. At this point, he's so smooth and talented on the ice, there are maybe two or three guys a year who have the kind of pure talent he has. However, his size .. I mean, my god, he's SO small. I will say there's a chance he could Peirre-Marc Bouchard it next year and really fly up the charts, but I would say more likely he will be a mid to late first rounder that could slip into the second by 2005.

That said, it's really early and a lot of things could happen. Brock plays on a very good line with Avs prospect David Jones and another Avs prospect in Brandon Yip, and let me tell you, I could really see the Avs taking this guy, as he really seems like their type of player.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
I've seen Bradford play, and I'd have to agree. At this point, he's so smooth and talented on the ice, there are maybe two or three guys a year who have the kind of pure talent he has. However, his size .. I mean, my god, he's SO small. I will say there's a chance he could Peirre-Marc Bouchard it next year and really fly up the charts, but I would say more likely he will be a mid to late first rounder that could slip into the second by 2005.

Since when is 5'8'' SO small? Sure he's short but he's not Theo Fleury.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Postman said:
Ray Macias is a smooth-skating offensive defenseman. So much so, that at times he was used at forward for Kamloops last year. From what I've seen, he could use some work defensively, as he sometimes makes high-risk plays. But he's fast and really knows his way around the offensive zone. I do think he could be a mid to late 1st rounder, due to his offensive abilities alone

David Tanabe clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad