stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Who ya got

1. Allen
2. Parayko
3. Bortuzzo

HM: Schenn, ROR, Bouwmeester, Steen.

PK was excellent, and Bouw wasn't awful. Solid Win. Parayko somehow went from overrated to wildly underrated by our fanbase. He is really freaking good at hockey.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Parayko looking like he's the number one defenseman. Need to honestly put him on that top PP unit. Allen looked like he's playing with a fire in his gut, good for him. Allen was the best player on the team tonight.

(also Chris Butler not looking disgustingly bad again???)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Allen
Bortuzzo
Bouwmeester

Back to back phenomenal games by Bo. Allen was fantastic and Bort played his role to perfection. I thought Sundqvist, Parayko, and ROR had great games too. Rough night for the tank as this was basically a sure loss, but winning is more fun anyone. String like ten in a row and we’re close to being right back in it :laugh:

cardinalnation

Mar 4, 2012
I am good with Jake Allen, Paryko and Bort. I thought it was a good team defensive game. They won a lot of battles, back checked and did a better job clearing rebounds in front. They weren't great in front but I did see progress. Jets are a LOT faster than the Blues. Allen was phenomenal and is hopefully gaining his teams confidence. the schedule is a little more forgiving hair of this month so this needs to be a time to string some points together and get back in this thing by the Midway point. Van, Zona and the Ducks are going to fade so Blues can climb the ladder a bit here. no more giveaway games. They just can't do it anymore. Must beat the teams they should beat starting with Vancouver tomorrow.

hullderko

Apr 21, 2015
IMO, Parayko will become the #1D when the coach starts treating him as such. He shows flashes of Norris winning play, then lack of confidence for a few crappy games. Let him fail here and there, give him some leeway and let him play. When he gets serious about his game and being the cornerstone of the D corps, watch out.

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
How's Robert Thomas doing this season?
Seen him play over 100 games as a London Knight but not much in the NHL.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
How's Robert Thomas doing this season?
Seen him play over 100 games as a London Knight but not much in the NHL.
Sheltered role a little bit. He's learning the game. Each game you see small incremental improvements. He'll be a keeper for the Blues for sure as the future is very bright for him. He's moved more to wing to remove some responsibility in his own end to let him learn more of the game in smaller chunks. He also can get pushed around some in the scrums since he doesn't have his "man strength" yet. I'm excited to follow his future with the Blues.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sheltered role a little bit. He's learning the game. Each game you see small incremental improvements. He'll be a keeper for the Blues for sure as the future is very bright for him. He's moved more to wing to remove some responsibility in his own end to let him learn more of the game in smaller chunks. He also can get pushed around some in the scrums since he doesn't have his "man strength" yet. I'm excited to follow his future with the Blues.

Thanks 67Blues.
Excellent assessment on Thomas.
I know the Blues are in transition and see he's a big part of the team's future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad