Top 3 habs moves that got you very excited

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
1. Turgeon trade (when we acquired his services)
2. Recchi (when we acquired his services. At that time Leclair wasn't so good with Habs while Recchi was a star)
3. Kovalev

I was gonna say this too. We might be showing our age a little, but that was a great trade.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Lots of moves have got me excited in the last 10 years. Not usually in a great way.

The only moves that I can say truly gave me hope and optimism and made me think that brighter days were ahead

1) The hiring of Bob Gainey
2) The firing of Bob Gainey

100% agree. When Bob was hired I thought we were going to finally turn it around, when he finally was fired I was so thankful he wasn't going to **** up our team anymore.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Everyone looks back so fondly on the Rivet trade - I remember being so dissapointed that we kept Souray and let him walk in the summer for nothing...if we could get a 1st + prospect for Rivet imagine what we would have got for 20+ goal Souray.

Habtchum*

Drafting Lafleur

Trading for Frank Mahovlich

Drafting Galchenyuk

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Everyone looks back so fondly on the Rivet trade - I remember being so dissapointed that we kept Souray and let him walk in the summer for nothing...if we could get a 1st + prospect for Rivet imagine what we would have got for 20+ goal Souray.

I love logic like this.

If Rivet was worth a 1st and Souray coulda-shoulda been "more", then obviously we missed the opportunity of a lifetime. We coulda-shoulda traded Markov for three first round draft picks, then signed him back as a FA on July 1st.

:sarcasm:

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
1. Halak trade, I liked him, but always thought Price had higher potential and would've kicked myself for years if we had traded him instead of Halak. Was so excited that we kept Price, knew he would be our franchise player from then on.

2. Drafting Galchenyuk. Was scared we'd go Teravainen or long shot like Reinhart. Wanted Galchenyuk or Grigorenko the whole time (or Yakupov, of course).

3. Trading for Kovalev : was so excited to have such a talented player, while not giving up much. Quickly became my favorite player on the Habs.

HM: Signing Pacioretty to his newest contract… I kept thinking only the other teams could sign their young stars to such good contracts, thought it was highway robbery to get Max at that price for this length

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I love logic like this.

If Rivet was worth a 1st and Souray coulda-shoulda been "more", then obviously we missed the opportunity of a lifetime. We coulda-shoulda traded Markov for three first round draft picks, then signed him back as a FA on July 1st.

:sarcasm:

Were you even around at that time?

We were pseudo-sellers at the deadline, the writing was on the wall that we weren't going to resign Souray but we weren't totally out of the playoff hunt so we had to keep him to remain competitive (I'm assuming)

We were sellers but not full blown sellers, and I was dissapointed we kept Souray, especially when a guy like Rivet got what he did.

Not sure why you're being confrontational about this.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The Chelios trade.

The Roy trade.

Dumping Carbonneau (as a player for you conclusion jumping youngsters).

Those moves boiled my blood at their respective times and got me so negatively excited, they still outshine any piddly good moves since.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
1) Doug Jarvis coming to Montreal and Greg Hubick heading to Toronto
2) Damphousse for Gilchrist, Corson and Vujtek
3) Patrick Roy (Jet's Third) for Robert Picard
4) Guy Lafleur (Seals 1st 1971) + Francis Lacombe for Chris Oddleifson (Habs 1st 1970) + Ernie Hicke.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Not most exciting, but the most recent good things
Drafting Gally
Markov healthy
Getting rid of Gomer

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
- Drafting Price

- Drafting Galchenyuk

- Signing of José Théodore for 3 years @ 16M$ total.

He was my favorite player growing up, I really thought he would be good for many years, but then he started to suck when he got his contract + his family dealings and the suspicions of performance enhancing drugs. I lost a lot of respect for him.

But now I'm looking at his numbers and at 36 years old he still does a decent job to be a number 1 goalie (leafs?).

2011-12

GP W L T/OTL MIN GA SO GAA G A SV%
53 22 16 11 3049 125 3 2.46 0 0 .917

( not mentionning saturday's 7-1 loss )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad