Top 3 goalie that have impressed/ not impressed you from the 2011 tournament

evan35

Dec 15, 2010
My picks:

impressed:
1)Benjamin Conz - keeps getting better and better. My pick for goalie of the tournament
2)Dimitri Shikin- the simple fact that he's take over the starting job from Igor Bobkov impressed the hell outta me!
3)Niklas Treutle- I know he hasn't played a lot but I was quite impressed by this kid when I saw him play. he looks like he has the raw skills that with a little development can turn him into a legit prospect.

unimpressed:
1)Olivier Roy- just awful in his performances "the great save" he made weren't really that great and the goals he was letting in were terrible
2)Mark Visentin- for a first round pick he hasn't looked good at all this tournament maybe a big game today might turn that around
3)Robin Lehner- he had too big of expectations for this tournament that i felt he didn't really live up to. that coupled with the fact that he barely played this tournament really disappointed me.

Neutral feelings:
Jack Campbell- although i do agree that campbell has had an awesome tourney he hasn't really done anything to impress me this tournament. the teams he's played havn't really challenged him that much. will have to see how he does against Canada maybe my views on him will change.
Igor Bobkov- I felt that he played an awesome game against canada. and i would have put him on my list as someone who impressed me but he lost his #1 job this tournament to Shikin who's playing pretty good.

do you think Bobkov is a legit NHL prospect?

also comment on you feeling about the rest of the goalies on my lists future's.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
I have to say...Conz fever is a bit over the top right now.

He's been very good, but let's not go insane with this guy being the second coming of Patrick Roy or Dominic Hasek. Conz is 7th in the tournament in save percentage. I will give him credit, he looked great against the Canadian team, but it's not like he is stealing the show or anything.

Impressing me, in order:
1. Ortio
2. Campbell (has only let in four goals in four games)
3. Conz (the game against Canada gets him a vote)

Unimpressed
1. Roy
2. Norway's goalie
3. Roy again

Bobkov will never make the NHL.

Gervess

@Gervess
Jan 3, 2011
Gatineau, Quebec
My picks:

Impressed:

1)Benjamin Conz - Do I need to say something about him.

Unimpressed:

1)Olivier Roy - Too much weak goals.
2)Dimitri Shikin - What the hell is this. He have bad lateral movement and bad recovery for rebounds, always tries to poke check.
3)Robin Lehner - He wasn't good at all for an AHL goalie.
4)Igor Bobkov - 3rd round pick for the NJ Devils, he is NOT the next Brodeur.

Neutral feelings:

Joni Ortio - Had a good tournament but wasn't dominant.
Mark Visentin - Battle with his juicy rebounds but he hasn't play much.
Jack Campbell - He played the way he had to play but was not a factor for Team USA.

Armia

Oct 23, 2010
Joni Ortio - Had a good tournament but wasn't dominant.

I lol'd. Ortio was the biggest reason why Finland was able to challenge USA and Russia, he made lots of gamesavers on those two matches (even though he let in the softie in OT against USA).

evan35

Dec 15, 2010
damn sorry everyone totally forgot about ortio i'd replace him for shikin

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
All in order

Most Impressive
- Conz
- Ortio
- Campbell (I know many will probably disagree with me but he's been great, especially considering he's given up very few goals, well before the Canada game that's going on now at least, with a below average defense)

Most disappointing
- Lehner (I expected him to be a goalie of the tournament candidate, pretty disappointing performance so far)
- Roy (Poor rebound control leading to several chances for the opposition, especially in the Sweden game)
- Bobkov

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Im havin sex w u rn
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Ortio was unbelievable. I didn't see much of anyone else other than him and Campbell, but they both were very good.

Roy was pathetically terrible though. He's the reason Canada hasn't been absolutely dominant in tis tourney.

evan35

Dec 15, 2010
k campbell and visentin totally changed my mind both played unbelievable although i still feel conz should be named Goalie of the tournament! definitly on my most impressive list!

The Big Swede*

Ortio and Conz are the only goalie that have impressed me

bshaw

Jul 4, 2010
Hamilton
yeah you have your opinion but how can you say visentin hasnt impressed, its because that one really weak goal against the swiss isnt it? i guess the norway goal was weak too but had a solid performance tonight aagainst the states and i expect nothing less then spectacular on wednesday

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Orito and Conz will be fighting for 5th spot tonight. Think that match could set the goalie of the tourney?
Then again you also have Jack Campbell....

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Ortio is great, Bobkov only got the hook because he let in 6, he's still a great goalie

Are you kidding me? Did you even watch his game against Canada? He looked awkward in net. Had trouble moving laterally, looked lost on several occasions and had nearly no rebound control. He was pulled for alot more reasons than giving up 6 goals. He look terrible.

Ortio has definitely be at the top of the list. Everyone talked about Lehner and Campbell at the start of the tournament, but it's always the ones that no one talks about that end up being the best goalies. No different here.

I don't see how anyone can put Campbell in their top 3. If you remove the stats and actually watch him, he wasn't that good. He played against weak competition, he should have stood out. Against a strong team in Canada he made some good saves but also struggled with rebounds.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
None of them impressed me. I knew Conz was great. I knew Campbell wasn't as good as the American media/homers made him out to be last year. Good, but will never be dominant in the NHL. As for Canada, let's just say that we haven't had elite goaltending since Roberto Luongo. Roy and Visentin are exposed due to the lack of phenoms on offense/defense outside of Gudbranson.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Are you kidding me? Did you even watch his game against Canada? He looked awkward in net. Had trouble moving laterally, looked lost on several occasions and had nearly no rebound control. He was pulled for alot more reasons than giving up 6 goals. He look terrible.

Ortio has definitely be at the top of the list. Everyone talked about Lehner and Campbell at the start of the tournament, but it's always the ones that no one talks about that end up being the best goalies. No different here.

I don't see how anyone can put Campbell in their top 3. If you remove the stats and actually watch him, he wasn't that good. He played against weak competition, he should have stood out. Against a strong team in Canada he made some good saves but also struggled with rebounds.

i don't see how you can put Ortio ahead of Campbell when Campbell bested him in their head-to-head match-up. The Finns played the same "weak teams" the U.S. did, so that part of the argument doesn't hold water either.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
None of them impressed me. I knew Conz was great. I knew Campbell wasn't as good as the American media/homers made him out to be last year. Good, but will never be dominant in the NHL. As for Canada, let's just say that we haven't had elite goaltending since Roberto Luongo. Roy and Visentin are exposed due to the lack of phenoms on offense/defense outside of Gudbranson.

Utter nonsense. Campbell's been excellent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad