Top 28 mock draft assuming no trades.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
With the first 28 draft pick positions set, here's my top 28 mock draft:

1. Chicago Blackhawks: Connor Bedard (Duh).
2. Anaheim Ducks: bAdam Fantilli (I know there's a debate between Michkov or Fantilli since Zegras can play Center, and the Ducks are still a few years from competing. I just think Center is the more important position, and moving Zegras to wing with Fantilli is better than having Michkov on the wings with Zegras as a center).
3. Leo Carlsson: Columbus Blue Jackets (Fits a need for a center prospect. Carlsson has a higher floor and is a more complete player than the Fresh Prince).
4. San Jose Sharks: Billiam Smith (San Jose actually has the means to wait a few years for Michkov to come, but San Jose also needs a game-changing Center. I think Smith is a perfect fit for the Sharks).
5. Montreal Canadiens: Matvei Michkov (Finally Canadiens will take the BPA. Yes, a Suzuki-Dvorsky mix would be a great 1-2 C combo, but I think Michkov has far too much skill to pass up at this point as the BPA. Montreal can afford to wait for his arrival as well).
6. Arizona Coyotes: Ryan Leonard (I was debating between Reinbacher, Benson, and Leonard. Reinbacher fits a need, but at the same time isn't the BPA in this scenario, and I think Leonard would be elite with Cooley).
7. Philadelphia Flyers: Zach Benson (Flyers don't have any game-breaking talent on their team nor in their system, and Benson has the potential to be that. Flyers definitely go for BPA here).
8. Washington Capitals: Dalibor Dvorsky (At this point the BPA isn't as great as the needs and it can be argued Dvorsky is the BPA. Having a Center that can be Kopitar in the future is a huge plus for the Capitals).
9. Detroit Rødt Vingers: Colby Barlow (Barlow is an elite goal scorer which Red Wings need and isn't particularly weak in any areas, even if he doesn't excel after his shot. Still I think Yzerman goes for him).
10. St. Louis Blues: Oliver Moore (Debating between Reinbacher and Moore. I think Moore can step in faster and I feel the Blues are going more for a re-tool rather than a rebuild. Moore also gives the Blues much needed Center depth and has an excellent speed for the group).
11. Vancouver Canucks: David Reinbacher (At this point the high end Centers are pretty much gone and Canucks have an abundance of wingers in the system. I see them going for need over BPA in Reinbacher).
12. Arizona Coyotes: Mikhail Gulyayev (With their game-breaking forward talent established, I see the Coyotes going for a elite offensive mobile Dman in Gulyayev).
13. Buffalo Sabres: Axel Sandin-Pelikka (Would love for him to fall to the Flames pick, but unfortunately I don't see it happening. Sabres could use some RHD depth and prospects and ASP would be excellent with their talented youth).
14. Pittsburgh Penguins: Matthew Wood (Wood's hands, vision, motor, and IQ are all excellent. His skating may be a concern, but with all of those strengths, he'll compliment one of Crosby or Malkin well).
15. Nashville Predators: Gabe Perreault (At this point I see Perreault as the BPA. He does have holes with being more of a perimeter player and not the best skater, but he has game breaking talent, and would gives Nashville a much needed high end talent).
16. Calgary Flames: Brayden Yager (Was debating between Danielson and Yager, and ultimately I see Yager being the one Flames go for. Yager has far more upside, especially in goal scoring. Excellent transition player to fit with Huberdeau).
17. Detroit Red Wings: Nate Danielson (Danielson screams a Yzerman player. Smart, great defensively and in transition, and is a center).
18. Winnipeg Jets: Tom Willander (Willander is a super smart and defensively responsible RHD, and I think Jets pick him here).
19. Chicago Blackhawks: Andrew Cristall (Despite Cristall's concerns with consistency and skating, he is the BPA here with how much offensive potential he has).
20. Seattle Kraken: Samuel Honzek (Honzek is a safe power forward and I think he will fit in well with Seattle).
21. Minnesota Wild: Otto Stenberg (BPA with his safe floor and relatively good upside).
22. Columbus Blue Jackets: Riley Heidt (Heidt's point total isn't as good as how he actually plays, similar to Perreault. Nonetheless, I still consider him a steal for CBJ).
23. Old York Rangers: Eduard Sale (Sale has some work ethic issues, but he's dynamic, no one can deny that. At this point, he's definitely BPA).
24. Nashville Predators: Quentin Musty (While Musty isn't the greatest player IQ wise, he has size, and great puck skills. I think that will make Nashville pick him).
25. St. Louis Blues: Oliver Bonk (Bonk is just a safe 2-way defenseman, I think Blues pick him).
26. San Jose Sharks: David Edstrom (Edstrom is a high IQ player that has good tools. San Jose would be wise to pick him).
27. Colorado Avalanche: Dmitri Simashev (Simashev is an excellent defensive player that is good in transition as well. His timeline and limited offense will make drop a bit, but he's still worth picking for the Avs).
28. Toronto Maple Leafs: Calum Ritchie (Ritchie isn't the greatest offensive player, but he still has potential there. He is a good defensive center though).

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It's not what I selected for my Red Wings , but I would not be complaining either

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Bedard,Michkov,Carlsson,Fantilli and Smith go 1-5

6-10:Reinbacher,Barlow,Leonard,Dvorsky and Sandin-Pelikka with the Canucks taking LD Gulyayev 11th overall!

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
12-16:Benson,Honzek,Moore,Sternberg and Wood and Willander 16th to the Wings so that they can almost assemble a complete Tre Kroner Defense...Edvinsson,Wallinder,Willander.A Johansson,GLindstrom and Moritz the German

18-23:Yagger,Perreault,Bonk,Sale,But and Cristall

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Preds-Lindstein,Blues-Gauthier,Sharks-Lardis,Avalanche-Callum Ritchie,TO-Musty,Dallas-Brindley,Flor-Heidt and Stanley Cup Finalist Vegas-Danielson and 'Canes Bjarnason finishing things off in the first round

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Hawks top scout has said on recent interviews that if a guy can’t skate, then they won’t be a Blackhawk. I can’t see them drafting a guy in the first if they have skating concerns.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Ritchie wouldn't be my pick for TOR, and I don't even hate him as a prospect, but you can't write that blurb then put him in the first round. Nothing about that reads as a player any team would draft that high.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
i wish ASP was left handed so people would stop mocking him to the Sabres. His handedness is the only thing people give a shit about when they do a mock pick for Buffalo. He doesnt fit with Dahlin. He doesn’t fit with Power. He won’t get PP time. If he plays with one of them youre neutering them having to cover for him so he can be worse at what he does well than they are. If you play Power and Dahlin together so ASP can get a partner that fits you’re taking the amazing option of 45 minutes a night with one of Dahlin or Power on the ice away. Both Dahlin and Power will be here for at least the next 7 years. Please stop drafting the third best offensive D option with the 13th pick in the draft just because he’s right handed.

It has to stop. It has to stop.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
i wish ASP was left handed so people would stop mocking him to the Sabres. His handedness is the only thing people give a shit about when they do a mock pick for Buffalo. He doesnt fit with Dahlin. He doesn’t fit with Power. He won’t get PP time. If he plays with one of them youre neutering them having to cover for him so he can be worse at what he does well than they are. If you play Power and Dahlin together so ASP can get a partner that fits you’re taking the amazing option of 45 minutes a night with one of Dahlin or Power on the ice away. Both Dahlin and Power will be here for at least the next 7 years. Please stop drafting the third best offensive D option with the 13th pick in the draft just because he’s right handed.

It has to stop. It has to stop.
This was done a month ago. Check my latest where I gave Buffalo Willander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad