Top 25 under 25 #4

Who is the 4th best U25 player in the league

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
With the amount of young talented players entering the league over the past 3 years or so, I thought it be fun/interesting to make a top 25 under 25 list as voted by the people of HFBoards so here we are!

For the consistency of the poll I will be using Sept 15th 2019 as a cutoff date for players to be eligible to be voted for in the poll (if a player is 24 right now but turns 25 before the Sept 15th cutoff then he will be deemed ineligible to be added to the poll)

Will also be doing a vote in add system

1) McDavid
2) MacKinnon
3) Matthews​

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Next 4 for me are Barkov, Pastrnak, Jones and Eichel and then it gets a little bit more open for me after that

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Pettersson needs a season in the league to really understand what we have here, because as you can see with like 50 different player comparisons each day.. we dont know.

I would go with Barcov but man, Pasta....could easily be #3 going forward and Matthews, Barkov go down a spot.

Reactions: wintersej

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Flip flopped between Barkov and Pastrnak. Then I remembered Jones and Eichel. Impossible to say. I'll just vote Barkov. I like Pastrnak's offensive game best, but Barkov is more effective imo. Jones is a top 10 d-man already. Eichel is looking unreal lately.

Crazy that I think of them as so young... Then I realize that I'd make the cutoff... :laugh:

Reactions: IceBoxHockey

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Gosh, that Pettersson hype ended quickly... 4 days ago and he’s likely #2 here. Vintage HF.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
Voted Barkov.

Kept going back and forth between Barkov and Pasta.

Thinking the next one after these two for me will be either Eichel, Jones, Aho, or Barzal.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Aleksander Barkov
Jack Eichel/Seth Jones
David Pastrnak

Then...

Marner/Laine/Barzal/Raantanen/Provorov/Werenski/Aho/Keller

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Went with Barkov as I don't think anyone else has proven enough of an offensive advantage to win out over his all around game. Eichel, Jones and Pasta are all right there imo. Then things get interesting.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Barkov for me. Equally good offensively as Eichel and worlds better defensively.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Easily Eichel.

But seeing the votes and how few people watch him or like him watch him get voted sixth or something laughable on this list.

Barkov is fine and better defensively, everyone knows how underrated he is but he’s not as explosive as Eichel nor as good of a skater, he doesent spend nearly amount as much time in the offensive zone and has better forwards around him. Eichel just got a guy who can finish and they’ve combined for 30 pts in 11 games.

He’s done more with less then anyone on this poll.

Matthews and Mackinnon have already been picked his numbers have been close to Matthews his entire career even better in 16/17 production wise (PPG) and Mackinnon he outscored that year too playing two less months. He’s also destroying his production at similar age.

Can’t take consensus polls seriously until buffalo makes the playoffs and people actually get to watch his games or he doesent sprain his ankle which causes him to not finish tops in scoring.

He won’t get respect till either thing happens.

Reactions: SotasicA

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Easily Eichel.

But seeing the votes and how few people watch him or like him watch him get voted sixth or something laughable on this list.

Barkov is fine but he’s not as explosive as Eichel nor as good of a skater, he doesent spend nearly amount as much time in the offensive zone and has better forwards around him. Eichel just got a guy who can finish and they’ve combined for 30 pts in 11 games.

He’s done more with less then anyone on this poll.

Matthews and Mackinnon have already been picked his numbers have been close to Matthews his entire career even better in 16/17 production wise (PPG) and Mackinnon he outscored that year too playing two less months. He’s also destroying his production at similar age.

Can’t take consensus polls seriously until buffalo makes the playoffs and people actually get to watch his games or he doesent sprain his ankle which causes him to not finish tops in scoring.

He won’t get respect till either thing happens.
You think more random fans watch Florida than Buffalo?

Reactions: wintersej

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
You think more random fans watch Florida than Buffalo?

Where does it say you must watch said player before you vote for him?

No I think they they’ve heard the consensus “barkov is the most underrated player” thing every day for the last three years and act accordingly. I never said once everyone watches his games but people can be sheep.

I don’t think barkov is the wrong choice here but I’m just saying I think it’s easily Eichel.

Barkov would be the only player you could really justify putting over of who is left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad