Top 25 Players in Anaheim Ducks History: #2

Who is the 2nd best player in Anaheim Ducks history?

• Paul Kariya

Votes: 29 48.3%
  • Chris Kunitz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan Getzlaf

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • Steve Rucchin

• Bobby Ryan

• Corey Perry

• Scott Niedermayer

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Cam Fowler

• Francois Beauchemin

• JS Giguere

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Thanks everyone for voting in Poll 1, the winner was Teemu Selanne.

upload_2019-1-6_21-4-51.jpeg

Time now for Poll 2 where I added Bobby Ryan and voted for Paul Kariya, if you wish to see me add someone let me know. Keep the suggestions coming.

On tap to be added:

LW- Mike Leclerc
C-Andy Mcdonald
RW-Rickard Rakell
D-Chris Pronger
G- John Gibson

Reference:

Player Season Finder | Hockey-Reference.com (Skaters)
Player Season Finder | Hockey-Reference.com (Goalies)

Results so far:

1. Teemu Selanne

Reactions: singlesliceofcheese

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Kariya above Getzlaf for me.

He really put the Ducks on the map and he had that Cinderella Cup run where they legitimately almost won it.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Kariya had a better peak and has more of an aura around him, but ultimately Getzlaf brought more value to the franchise so him.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Kariya will always leave a sour taste in my mouth where Getzlaf wont. So Getzlaf here, then Kariya. One chose to be the face of the franchise and one chose to leave the franchise, in my simple mind at least.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Whereas Getzlaf actually has won it.

As the 2nd/3rd line center with Pronger and Niedernayer leading the way.

Getzlaf wasn’t even a top 3 player on the Ducks when they won. Hell Beauchemin was a bigger factor in the Ducks winning that Cup than Getzlaf was.

You’d be much better off using Getzlaf’s runs against Detroit as an argument where he was actually an X factor.

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Getzlaf has played his entire career as a Duck; he has been the captain for 9 seasons; he led the team in playoff points and won the only Cup in franchise history; leads the franchise in assists; and will eventually pass Selanne for all time in points.

This isn’t to take away from Kariya, but Getzlaf is and has been the more impactful player in my opinion for the franchise.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Getzlaf wasn’t even a top 3 player on the Ducks when they won. Hell Beauchemin was a bigger factor in the Ducks winning that Cup than Getzlaf was.

You’d be much better off using Getzlaf’s runs against Detroit as an argument where he was actually an X factor.

Kariya wasn't a top 3 player in the 2003 run either though. At least Getzlaf was the team's leading scorer in the win.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Kariya wasn't a top 3 player in the 2003 run either though. At least Getzlaf was the team's leading scorer in the win.

Actually you’re right. I overestimated Kariya’s role on that team, looking back on it, they were probably equal runs, and Getzlaf has more success outside of that so he’s a fair here choice.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

You pointed out two of the most underrated players in that run. Getzlaf led the team in points, and Beauch led the time in TOI over Nieds/Pronger.

edit: I see someone beat me to it. Carry on lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad