Top 25 Habs Prospect Rankings – #7

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:habs

#1 – Mikhail Sergachev (92.63% of the votes)
#2 – Nikita Scherbak (38.24% of the votes)
#3 – Michael McCarron (54.46% of the votes)
#4 – Artturi Lehkonen (51.33% of the votes)
#5 – Charles Hudon (50.71% of the votes)
#6 – Noah Juulsen (75.56% of the votes)

GRADUATES

SVEN ANDRIGHETTO, DANIEL CARR, MIKE CONDON & PHILIP DANAULT.

PROSPECTS LEFT

Connor Crisp
Ryan Johnston
Mark MacMillan
Nikolas Koberstein
Colin Sullivan
Dalton Thrower

Added Pezzetta.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
This is where it gets interesting.

Reway has produced everywhere but he's top six or bust & attitude problems.

Bitten is the new shiny toy.

Evans had a solid season as a freshman.

DLR is the most likely to be an NHLer in the guys remaining.

Ultimately, I went with Bitten since I think he has the mentality to make the NHL.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not necessarily the biggest upside, but Bitten.

To me, the next three are Bitten, Reway and DLR. Could be in any order.

Add Connor Crisp

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Reway since he's the only potential first liner or top 2 guy left. Damn our pool got thin fast. Decent but not great top 12 then utter ****.

Our 7th round guy not listed. Arvid Henriksson, add him.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Voted Jacob de la Rose. Reway and Bitten are way more sexier picks but I have to go with DLR who will play in the NHL.

The potential of home run hits are there with Reway, Bitten, Evans, Lindgren, Mete and Vejdemo so I have no complaints about our top 10-12 prospects.
Depth makes a winning organization and the guys I mention can't be written off this soon in there development.

Last edited:

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The 21 year old who has already player 55 NHL games.

Means nothing in the scheme of things.

Thus far he's been the definition of a 3rd/4th line plug. He doesn't hurt you, but he doesn't do anything of service either.

Not a fan.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Means nothing in the scheme of things.

Thus far he's been the definition of a 3rd/4th line plug. He doesn't hurt you, but he doesn't do anything of service either.

Not a fan.

IMO it does. If you go by the theory that a player peaks around 27 years old, the fact that DLR has shown the ability to play at the NHL at 20 and 21 years old shown me a lot...especially when we are discussing our 7th best prospect.

Tyrus

5 ft 7 in.
May 20, 2013
IMO it does. If you go by the theory that a player peaks around 27 years old, the fact that DLR has shown the ability to play at the NHL at 20 and 21 years old shown me a lot...especially when we are discussing our 7th best prospect.

The point being that a contender wouldn't want a player of DLR's caliber on their 3rd line (unless that player would be showing progress and upside, which DLR certainly isn't showing much of), and you really shouldn't try to grow your rookies from the 4th line.

To me DLR seems like a mostly finished product, and he's not a very desirable one at that. Compared to say Reway who could end up progressing a lot.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Relly hard to see the Habs considering Hudon a better prospect than Juulsen and Reway ahead of DLR...but this is certainly a place where smaller prospects who played in the Q are highly revered. :)

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Relly hard to see the Habs considering Hudon a better prospect than Juulsen and Reway ahead of DLR...but this is certainly a place where smaller prospects who played in the Q are highly revered. :)

I don't see Reway ahead of DLR. Reway may never play a game in the NHL while DLR has already shown he can be effective at the NHL level. I guess optimism prevails in the case of Reway and others.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I think DLR has some untaped offensive potential. i believe he'll be around 15 goals a season in his prime. Also he's quite physical and will have awesome hits on his resumé.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I'd take a 7D (Réway) over or 3B (DLR).

A 3B eh..did you completely miss DLR from two seasons ago? Obviously you didn't py much attention to him at the U-20's either..you do know he was on Sweden's top line his last two U-20's?

The Habs considered DLR the club's top prospect last summer at this time...but after a few struggles as a 20-year old at hte NHL level he's a 3 in your mind while Reway is a 7. That's mind boggling.

hoc123

Feb 23, 2014
Reway, although it is close between Reway, Bitten and De La Rose.

Add Johnston

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
A 3B eh..did you completely miss DLR from two seasons ago? Obviously you didn't py much attention to him at the U-20's either..you do know he was on Sweden's top line his last two U-20's?

The Habs considered DLR the club's top prospect last summer at this time...but after a few struggles as a 20-year old at hte NHL level he's a 3 in your mind while Reway is a 7. That's mind boggling.

With Eller gone do you think DLR will get primarily used back at C now? Always liked him more at centre, has great size and skating.

He's definitely getting underrated, especially since he just turned 21 only like a month ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad