Prospect Info: Top 25 Habs Prospect Rankings – #5

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:habs

#1 – Mikhail Sergachev (92.63% of the votes)
#2 – Nikita Scherbak (38.24% of the votes)
#3 – Michael McCarron (54.46% of the votes)
#4 – Artturi Lehkonen (51.33% of the votes)

GRADUATES

SVEN ANDRIGHETTO, DANIEL CARR, MIKE CONDON & PHILIP DANAULT.

PROSPECTS LEFT

Connor Crisp
Ryan Johnston
Mark MacMillan
Matt Bradley
Nikolas Koberstein
Michael Pezzetta
Colin Sullivan
Dalton Thrower

Added Addison

Last edited:

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Juulsen for me although it's very close with Hudon. I really dig his potential as a future second pairing guy.

Same for me. The games I seen Juulsen play last year he was used in all key situations, PK, PP and the last minutes of games and thought he looked good.
The fact that he plays a a key position like defense was also a deciding factor for my vote.
He will have a good chance this year to play the WJC and if Everett can get some offensive forward his point totals will go up and make the analytic community happy.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hudon. Juulsen could pass him right back next season with a good season. Add Bradley

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I can't help but feel that in a year or two that Bitten jumps into the top 5. That could happen by default of players graduating but more so I feel like in the long run he'll be in our top 5 of all these guys. Really good feeling about him.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I can't help but feel that in a year or two that Bitten jumps into the top 5. That could happen by default of players graduating but more so I feel like in the long run he'll be in our top 5 of all these guys. Really good feeling about him.

Agree. I have a good feeling about Bitten also and hopefully becomes another TT steal.

But I had that same feeling about my first wife.......

I learned and drafted much better for my second wife :D

I hope :sarcasm:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Took Juulsen here.......Hudon has too many warts for me. Not that I don't like Hudon but his lack of speed and size really work against him.

Juulsen should be a very solid second pairing dman if he can stay healthy.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Hudon is pretty underrated around here

Last time I checked he was winning the poll.
I'm a big fan of Hudon but unless he is able to get some separation to make plays in the NHL it will be really hard for him to stick in the NHL.
Just like all our prospects I hope he succeeds but I have my doubts. That doesn't mean I hate him.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
m
Hudon is pretty underrated around here

Don't know how you can say he is pretty underrated when he is the leading vote getter for 5th amongst our prospects. It would be silly to put him before Sergachev, Scherbak and McCarron. Lehkonen is certainly debatable even though I would have had Juulsen at 4th.

IMO he is exactly where he should be as our 5th or 6th ranked prospect. I don't see alot of upside in Hudon due to size and skating issues. I like him and think he may very well be a decent complimentary player but I think the players in my top 4 have a better chance of being more valuable NHLers. Hope he proves me wrong as he is very smart and competes well. If only he could just develop another step to his skating.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Add bradley, voted juulsen

Juulsen going to be a good NHL d- man I think! I'm not concerned by his reduced offensive production because he was never drafted to become A Top 2 offensive d-man. He is going to be a good two way #4 dman in NHL I think

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Hudon. He has unbelievable hockey IQ. You can always improve your skating, you can bulk up, but you cant get much smarter then you are. Vision and anticipation are the most important skills imo. Look at Markov. He's getting slow and older but he still can play on a top pairing due to his smarts.

I have Juulsen, Bitten and Reway after him.

Add Bradley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad