Prospect Info: Top 25 Habs Prospect Rankings – #4

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:habs

#1 – Mikhail Sergachev (92.63% of the votes)
#2 – Nikita Scherbak (38.24% of the votes)
#3 – Michael McCarron (54.46% of the votes)

GRADUATES

SVEN ANDRIGHETTO, DANIEL CARR, MIKE CONDON & PHILIP DANAULT.

PROSPECTS LEFT

Connor Crisp
Jeremiah Addison
Ryan Johnston
Mark MacMillan
Matt Bradley
Nikolas Koberstein
Michael Pezzetta
Colin Sullivan
Dalton Thrower

Added Audette

PS: this poll will be a good way to see how many people have deserted the board after the trade :sarcasm:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Lehkonen. Add Nygren.

Of What's added:
Lehkonen
Juulsen
Hudon
Bitten
Reway
JDLR
Lindgren/Fucale
Vejdemo
Mete
Lernout
Evans
McNiven
Grégoire
Bourque
Hawkey
Audette
Bozon
Parisi
Staum

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
People are seriously underestimating De La Rose. The guy is still VERY young and he's already playing the game very well in a very mature way. He will never be a big Offensive threat, but he will be a very usefull player.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
People are seriously underestimating De La Rose. The guy is still VERY young and he's already playing the game very well in a very mature way. He will never be a big Offensive threat, but he will be a very usefull player.

That's the thing. If he cannot develop his offence, he's not gonna be on a contender top9.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I love Lehkonen but I definitely think people are underestimating Juulsen. He's probably next on the list, or at least he should be.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
I love Lehkonen but I definitely think people are underestimating Juulsen. He's probably next on the list, or at least he should be.

People forget pretty quickly. Last year he played one pre-season game and besides being outmuscled at times, he looked about as steady as any veteran d-man out there when it came to breakouts. Very poised. Very smart player.

His drop in production was more due to the Silvertips' team play than individual performance. He'd be ready for the AHL right now if it wasn't for his age.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm hoping/expecting Hudon to get more NHL action this season and show why he's one of our top prospects. I'd have him neck and neck with Lehkonen and Juulsen although I have only seen Bitten and Mette a little and wasn't paying attention to them at the time as I was focused on McNiven so I don't know where I will end up ranking the new guys after Sergachev.

Hudon has been getting it done in the AHL on some bad teams over the past 2 years, Lehkonen I could see having higher since he had an outstanding playoffs but the one problem I have is that he didn't look very good the previous season and he's been on likely the most stacked team in the SHL offensively. It could go either way depending if you put more into what they have done lately or if you try and look at everything since being drafted.

Juuslen is a safe bet and I have been impressed with him so he's got to be up there as well. Since he should be on team canada we'll see how it goes for him.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Hudon should be second. He doesn't get nearly enough love here.

28 goals in 67 games last year while all of Carr, Ghetto, McCarron, Lessio/Thomas were called up (4th in the league in goals). Performed at every level (Q, U18, WJC, AHL). Outstanding hockey sense, highly skilled, plays with a chip on his shoulder. What else does he have to do?

Last edited:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Scherbak should not be in the top5.

So-so post draft year and a terrible 1st pro season.

Sergachev
Juulsen
McCarron
Hudon
Lehkonen

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
There's a solid top 12 prospects..... guys getting underrated on here IMO are Juulsen, Vejdemo and ..wait for it.... DLR. I think you'll see a bounce back season from the Big Swede...kids as young as DLR who turn pro early often have a setback their second season. He'll be 21 this season....and has spent to half sesons in Mtl already.

Hudon, who is five inches shorter...is 22 and has played three games in Mtl.

Does Hudon have more offensive potential.probably..but at the NHL level in a top 6 role?
Gallagher, Lehkonen and Andrighetto..all around the sme age..are ahead of him on the depth chart..that's three undersized forwards ahead of him for a potential top 6 role. Add in Shaw..not sure Hudon will have a spot this year either....this training camp is a huge one for him and there are no guarantees he'll crack the lineup. as he also has to bet out Scherbak..not ideally a bottom-line player, and Habs may well dd a veteran top 6 forward to make it even tougher.

DLR is more suited to a 3rd line role going forward...bigger and faster....more of a physical presence in time. He needs to find his offensive confidence..but he can shoot and pass the puck..seen it versus his peers at 18 and 19..he can show it at the NHL level with time and some patience.

Vejdemo played regularly in the SHL as 19-year-old..expect a breakthrough for him this season...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad