Prospect Info: Top 25 Habs Prospect Rankings – #17

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
:habs

#1 – Mikhail Sergachev (92.63% of the votes)
#2 – Nikita Scherbak (38.24% of the votes)
#3 – Michael McCarron (54.46% of the votes)
#4 – Artturi Lehkonen (51.33% of the votes)
#5 – Charles Hudon (50.71% of the votes)
#6 – Noah Juulsen (75.56% of the votes)
#7 – Martin Reway (47.83% of the votes)
#8 – Jacob De La Rose (40.52% of the votes)
#9 – William Bitten (66.00% of the votes)
#10 – Charlie Lindgren (39.62% of the votes)
#11 – Zach Fucale (56.55% of the votes)
#12 – Lukas Vejdemo (35.78% of the votes)
#13 – Victor Mete (41.67% of the votes)
#14 – Brett Lernout (58.97% of the votes)
#15 – Jake Evans (60.27% of the votes)
#16 – Michael McNiven (26.92% of the votes)

GRADUATES

SVEN ANDRIGHETTO, DANIEL CARR, MIKE CONDON & PHILIP DANAULT.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not sure who I would vote for since I never saw Staum or Henrikson and don't recall ever seeing Pezzetta. If I take them out, Bourque, Hawkey, Johnston, Addison, Bradley would be the ones I would be looking at picking of one. With the season Bourque had I would lean towards him, but Hawkey might be the most interesting with Johnston likely being the most skilled offensively.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Bourque. This is the list a agree the most with in the last 5 years or so, I wouldn't move any player by more than 2 or 3 positions.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Bourque. This is the list a agree the most with in the last 5 years or so, I wouldn't move any player by more than 2 or 3 positions.

How is Parisi not in the Top 10????? He could be in the NHL within 1-2 years.

Also think DeLaRose is being under-rated. He has solid 2-way game tools, and started to snipe at the very end of last year.

In the Top 16 compared to the poll picks, I only have Parisi in and Lernout out, but the order I see is drastically different. I could be wrong, but I have grave doubts on Scherbak, Juulsen and Réway, compared to most other posters, and I find Hudon likely not quick enough to get to the NHL and do well. I also find Lindgren a technical mess, and Fucale very ordinary, and maybe should not even be in the Top 20 but I'm leaving a doubt that I over-reacted to some bad games by Zach.

1. Sergachev
2. McCarron
3. DeLaRose
4. Lehkonen
5. Parisi
6. Bitten
7. Scherbak
8. Hudon
9. Mete
10. Vejdemo
11. Evans
12. Réway
13. Juulsen
14. McNiven
15. Lindgren
16. Fucale

Last edited:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Henrikson. Wouldn't surprise me if it was Parisi at this point though. The reason our NCAA signings have been doing well lately is they're developing away from Lefebvre.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Also think DeLaRose is being under-rated. He has solid 2-way game tools, and started to snipe at the very end of last year.

In the Top 16 compared to the poll picks, I only have Parisi in and Lernout out, but the order I see is drastically different. I could be wrong, but I have grave doubts on Scherbak, Juulsen and Réway, compared to most other posters, and I find Hudon likely not quick enough to get to the NHL and do well. I also find Lindgren a technical mess, and Fucale very ordinary, and maybe should not even be in the Top 20 but I'm leaving a doubt that I over-reacted to some bad games by Zach.

1. Sergachev
2. McCarron
3. DeLaRose
4. Lehkonen
5. Parisi
6. Bitten
7. Scherbak
8. Hudon
9. Mete
10. Vejdemo
11. Evans
12. Réway
13. Juulsen
14. McNiven
15. Lindgren
16. Fucale

What have Parisi/Mete done to be over Juulsen?

What have Vejdemo/Evans done to be over Reway?

What has Bitten done to be over Scherbak?

What has DLR done to be over Lehkonen? Lehkonen just had more points in the SHL PO than DLR ever had at any level in a season+PO.

What has McNiven done to be over Lindgren/Fucale?

EDIT: For #17, I picked Grégoire.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What have Parisi/Mete done to be over Juulsen?

Watch them play. Parisi is very smart positionally and good poise with the puck. Mete is a potential Gostisbehere.

What have Vejdemo/Evans done to be over Reway?

Both Vejdemo and Evans have exceeded expecations. However, for me, it's more that I have no confidence in Réway's professionalism. I'll be happy to be wrong, though.

What has Bitten done to be over Scherbak?

Watch them play. Bitten is both super-fast and super-intelligent. We are going to be VERY happy with him! Bitten is more than two and a half years younger but I am looking at long-term potential, not who might be ready for an NHL game first.

What has DLR done to be over Lehkonen? Lehkonen just had more points in the SHL PO than DLR ever had at any level in a season+PO.

DeLaRose is much faster than Lekonen and much bigger too. Lehkonen is a more offensive player, but while I like them both, DLR's physical attributes give him a slight edge in becoming a regular NHLer, in my opinion. But it's close.

What has McNiven done to be over Lindgren/Fucale?

Best feature for McNiven is that he is not Lindgren or Fucale. Lindgren is a technical mess, overplaying the puck by sometimes a half a meter. However, there is a chance he could learn. Fucale is too small in his net, without top 1% reflexes that could make up for not covering space. I may have even OVER-rated Fucale. I doubt he makes the NHL at all.

Last edited:

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

1. Sergachev
2. McCarron
3. DeLaRose
4. Lehkonen
5. Parisi
6. Bitten
7. Scherbak
8. Hudon
9. Mete
10. Vejdemo
11. Evans
12. Rékway
13. Juulsen
14. McNiven
15. Lindgren
16. Fucale

You are criminally under rating Juulsen and grossly over rating Parisi. There is absolutely no justification or evidence to support this claim.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Bourque and Gregoire, in any order.

I would've thought Gregoire for sure. I like the sound of Addison more but Gregoire's proven a bit more imo anyway. I think Gregoire's going to have a good year with the Caps.

I'm not huge on Parisi but I think he's a good contender for the next few spots. He looks solid. If he had more offensive potential than he's shown then I think he'd be a solid prospect. He's not unlike Petry.

Last edited by a moderator:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
You are criminally under rating Juulsen and grossly over rating Parisi. There is absolutely no justification or evidence to support this claim.

I hope I am convicted and it turns out that I WAS criminally under rating Juulsen, even though my eyes don't often deceive me.

If I may, I will hope that you are grossly under rating Parisi.

Win-win!

Mete is not a potential Ghost, more like a Spurgeon/A. Greene type of defender.

After the draft, I was kind of expecting a version of Mac Bennett, but I ended up very pleasantly surprised seeing him at development camp. He moves better at 18 than Bennett did at 23.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad