Prospect Info: Top 25 Habs Prospect Rankings – #12

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
:habs

#1 – Mikhail Sergachev (92.63% of the votes)
#2 – Nikita Scherbak (38.24% of the votes)
#3 – Michael McCarron (54.46% of the votes)
#4 – Artturi Lehkonen (51.33% of the votes)
#5 – Charles Hudon (50.71% of the votes)
#6 – Noah Juulsen (75.56% of the votes)
#7 – Martin Reway (47.83% of the votes)
#8 – Jacob De La Rose (40.52% of the votes)
#9 – William Bitten (66.00% of the votes)
#10 – Charlie Lindgren (39.62% of the votes)
#11 – Zach Fucale (56.55% of the votes)

GRADUATES

SVEN ANDRIGHETTO, DANIEL CARR, MIKE CONDON & PHILIP DANAULT.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Lernout and Vejdemo seems to be the next two. Picked Lernout.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Vejdemo? or McNiven? or Lernout?

Voted Jake Evans

oh yeah and I forgot Mete the newest shiny prospect.

McNiven should have a good chance of challenging for a spot at the WJC camp. I see he was invited again this summer along with 3 other goalies.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I can understand the concerns about Evans since a lot of our NCAA prospects haven't panned out despite decent production (MacMillan & Kristo come to mind) but I prefer Evans to Vejdemo personally. Don't know why Evans is not getting more love.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I can understand the concerns about Evans since a lot of our NCAA prospects haven't panned out despite decent production (MacMillan & Kristo come to mind) but I prefer Evans to Vejdemo personally. Don't know why Evans is not getting more love.

Pedigree and the fact that he needs to bulk up a lot.

Evans is the same height as Macmillan and could suffer from the same lack of strength to be more than an ECHL all-star.

I'm hopeful he will actually bulk and be a nice surprise for a 7th rounder, but I will leave him slowly climbing my depth chart until he has outstanding numbers/ plays in the AHL.

As I said in an earlier 34 to 28 to 15 is a nice progression.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011

Well he getting some love, I think in the last poll he got almost 20 votes. Hopefully he continues his production from last season, adds some muscle and who knows next year be in our top 10.

One guy that's not getting any love is Michael McNiven who has a chance this year to be on Team Canada for the WJC. Hockey Canada invited him again for summer camp and that is usually a good idea of players who will get invited for the winter camp.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Well he getting some love, I think in the last poll he got almost 20 votes. Hopefully he continues his production from last season, adds some muscle and who knows next year be in our top 10.

One guy that's not getting any love is Michael McNiven who has a chance this year to be on Team Canada for the WJC. Hockey Canada invited him again for summer camp and that is usually a good idea of players who will get invited for the winter camp.

He's 16 on my list.

Stawks

Hockey Bird
Nov 27, 2007
Ottawa

I have lots of interest in Jake Evans. I think he's got some real skill, and he's hardly small... just needs to get stronger and work on his skating. I voted for him at this spot and would have put him a few spots higher.

alexhabs26

Jul 11, 2016
In a few years Addison is going to open a few eyes in this forum.

I think he is a good prospect that can one day be a good player on a 3/4 line.

But, Vejdemo, Mete and Lernout have more potentiel, it's what I heard about them.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Went with Vejdemo again.
McNiven, Lernout, Mete and Evans are next for me. After that, you can pretty much pull their names out of a hat for me. Though I still have a soft spot for Bozon...but I can't justify why.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Pedigree and the fact that he needs to bulk up a lot.

Evans is the same height as Macmillan and could suffer from the same lack of strength to be more than an ECHL all-star.

I'm hopeful he will actually bulk and be a nice surprise for a 7th rounder, but I will leave him slowly climbing my depth chart until he has outstanding numbers/ plays in the AHL.

As I said in an earlier 34 to 28 to 15 is a nice progression.

MacMillan has nothing to do with Evans though. At 19 Evans was likely bigger then MacMillan is at 24. He had more assists as a 19 year old then MacMillan had points at the same age and on a likely better team. Not saying Evans will amount to anything but he shouldn't be brought up with MacMillan imo.

In a few years Addison is going to open a few eyes in this forum.

I've liked what i've seen from Addison and have been saying for much of last season that I wouldn't be surprised if he turns pro next year but we'll have to see what he does in time. I recall one game where the tv announcers said if he just was able to convert most of his chances he would be leading the OHL in goals. Or something to that effect. He seems to know where to be on the ice and works hard, there are clearly some things to like but we'll see how the skill translates at the pro level either this season or next.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Vejeta. Lernout getting too many votes for me. Not enough progression. Our pool is kind of ****.

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
How come Morgan Ellis is not even top 10 ? He's 24, he destroyed the AHL at the blue line....is he that slow ?

*Forget about this comment, he signed with the Blues of St-Louis! NOOO!!!! gL Morgan, I'll always believe in you.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Vejeta. Lernout getting too many votes for me. Not enough progression. Our pool is kind of ****.

...He actually progressed MORE than Vejdemo last season... But... oh well... The usual intelligent stuff, I see.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
MacMillan has nothing to do with Evans though. At 19 Evans was likely bigger then MacMillan is at 24. He had more assists as a 19 year old then MacMillan had points at the same age and on a likely better team. Not saying Evans will amount to anything but he shouldn't be brought up with MacMillan imo.

I know he is more advanced than Macmillan at every level, but I was just trying to find an example of a guy that was 6'00'' or more that didn't make it mostly by lack of strength.

33 pts in 37 games is very good, but for me to place Evans higher than I do, he would need to join the 40+ points club or the other higher than him to have bad/stagnant seasons.

I'm confident he will bulk up, contrary to Macmillan, and be at the very least a good AHL player.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
...He actually progressed MORE than Vejdemo last season... But... oh well... The usual intelligent stuff, I see.

I don't agree. I think Vejdemo was more impressive then Lernout last year. He only played 3 games in the SHL as an 18 year old but he showed a lot to be able to stick on the 3rd line all year long and actually be one of the top under 20 players for much of the season. Lernout was solid but not overly impressive imo. Most games I just didn't notice him, which of course is a good thing for a stay at home type. Not saying who will be better in the future or who should be ranked higher, just that having seen both of these prospects a lot last year, Vejdemo impressed me a good bit more then Lernout did.

I know he is more advanced than Macmillan at every level, but I was just trying to find an example of a guy that was 6'00'' or more that didn't make it mostly by lack of strength.

33 pts in 37 games is very good, but for me to place Evans higher than I do, he would need to join the 40+ points club or the other higher than him to have bad/stagnant seasons.

I'm confident he will bulk up, contrary to Macmillan, and be at the very least a good AHL player.

I don't see why 40 pts, he was leading his team in scoring for most of the year and that was with several weeks of being on the 3rd line with the Freshman Malmquist (who got off to a hot start to the season while playing with Evans but then the goals really dipped after Evans moved up to the 1st and 2nd lines) and a rotation of Sam Herr or Andrew Oglevie . Herr if I recall correctly also was a bit like Malmquist in that he seemed to score some goals with Evans but wasn't the same without him on his line.

Evans doubled his production from his Freshman year in 4 less games (well 1 pt away). I saw a ton of MacMillan during his 4 years in the NCAA and so far have seen a lot of Evans. I can see what you are saying about both lacking strength but that's painting the two with a very broad brush. MacMillan was never really anything special in the NCAA until his Senior year when his offensive game really started to break out. Evans had a solid Freshman year but broke out the following season on what was a young team that didn't have a ton of talent (in terms in NHL draft picks outside of the two best in Bjork and Cal Petersen) Granted now we'll need to see how much he can improve next year, if it's enough I could see him turning pro the following season. The offense is clearly there, he's got a lot of interesting tools, but just has to get stronger and add bulk. Something a number of Hab prospects need to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad