Prospect Info: Top 20 Prospects Poll: Bottom 4 Battle Royale

Who are the Blues #17 and #18 prospects?

• Landon Sim

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Vadim Zherenko

• Tyler Tucker

• Dylan Peterson

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Sorry to cut in on ChicagoBlues turf, but we can't end things that way.

So, with a 4 way split, it's Battle Royale time.

Step One: Choose your brackets.
The top two vote getters will go in a poll for 17/18.
The two lowest vote getters will go in a poll for 19/20.

1664164490248.png

Reactions: Blueston

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Peterson and Zherenko.

Zherenko intrigues me, apparantly Army is convinced he'll rotate with Hofer in Springfields net this season, so the Blues probably have him higher on the list than Ellis.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I voted Sim and Tucker and they each now have a 1 vote lead. It’s essentially just a tie at this point.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Peterson and Zherenko.

Zherenko intrigues me, apparantly Army is convinced he'll rotate with Hofer in Springfields net this season, so the Blues probably have him higher on the list than Ellis.
Zherenko could be a fast riser. Voted him and Sims here based mostly on potential.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Peterson and Tucker. Had Sim but I really liked Tucker tonight so I changed vote. I think all 4 have a real chance to be NHLers,

Last edited:

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I’m not planning to go beyond #20 and the contestants have already been decided.

They must battle until to their last breath.

Nor am I, but there's no way I'm voting for a goalie. I'd rather go with nineteen and stop there; hell, I'd take out Hofer and Ellis and go with a top seventeen before I vote for a goalie.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
my 85 year old father-in-law was at my daughters soccer game Saturday
during covid they changed the rule for league games, so no over time or shoot out and have kept that change
after the game ended in a tie, he looked at me and said things should never end in a tie

• Haha
Reactions: ChicagoBlues

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I don’t understand the not ranking or voting for goalies thing. In the draft, teams have to rank and evaluate goalies in conjunction with position players. They’re then slotted accordingly. Same when it comes to valuing goalies for potential trades. Ignore goalies and you’ll end up with a team with no goalies!

Personally, I discount them a bit sometimes but that usually would drop them a place or two in a ranking like this, not completely off the board.

Reactions: Blueston

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Also, I voted for Sim and Zherenko. 6th and 7th round lottery tickets, baby!

Sim clearly has skill. It’s beyond apparent at this point. I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t go above a pt/game in the OHL this season.

Zherenko…will he ever see the ice? Maybe by game 3. Has to be tough when you have to hide out in a hotel for 8 weeks trying to get a US visa to leave Russia, leaving your family behind, leaving your equipment behind, etc. Will be rooting for him.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I think our prospect pool is severely underrated. We may only have a few guys who seem to have star potential, but we have 20+ guys who look like they could potentially be NHLers. Not saying we should be top 5 in league rankings, but I don't see us as bottom 5 either.

Reactions: Beauterham

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Hugh McGing is going to jab you in the eye with a foreign object.

I see both of McGing and Washkurak as guys that can potentially be a next "MacKenzie MacEachern". Fourth line upside, but probably guys that will end up as 13/14th forward. Which isn't bad at all for where they were picked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad