Top 20 Oilers Prospects (Poll #9)

9th Best Oilers Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'll be making a series of polls to determine the Oilers consensus top-20 prospects on HFOil.

1. RD Evan Bouchard - 95%
2. LD Philip Broberg - 65%
3. LD Dimitri Samorukov - 49%
4. LW Tyler Benson - 65%
5. LD Caleb Jones - 50%
6. RW Kailer Yamamoto - 53%
7. RW Raphael Lavoie - 46%
8. C Ryan McLeod - 40%

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bear then Marody to round out the top 10.

Our pool is actually looking pretty good when Marody who put up 64 points in 58 AHL games barely cracks the top 10.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm gonna keep voting Marody until he finally wins.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bear was a 5th round pick in 2015 draft while Marody was a 6th round pick in 2015.
This proves Bear > Marody so he gets my vote :)

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Trying to understand why Bear has fallen out of favor with so many posters on here. I'm far from his biggest fan but I'd still have him ahead of guys like Marody, Lavoie and McLeod. Did he suck in Bako this year or something?

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
I hope Joel Persson surprises a few people this season.
Exactly. He is one hell of a defenseman, he was absolutely magical with Pettersson in 2017/18. He's a playmaking d-man that looks for the pass more often than not. And Nurse, Bouchard, Broberg love taking the shot more often than not. Persson gives us diversity and unpredictability on the blue line

Predicting he's going to be the quarter back on one of the PP units. I'd give props to Chiarelli, but it was probably Keith that found him.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I think Marody has fallen far too far... but saying that.... the wildcard is definitely Persson.

I have no idea how he'll perform in the NHL but I think he has maybe the biggest boom/bust potential of almost any of the Oilers prospects.

He's playing with and against men in Sweden and excelling.

2 seasons ago he was in on ~20.5% of his teams goals in his 1st year in the SHL... very good numbers for a rookie dman in a top league.

This past season he was in on ~26.2% of his team's goals in his 2nd year in the SHL... so he's showing that his offense isn't a fluke.

He's 25 so pretty much coming into his prime years which is also a benefit... especially for a dman where his development has basically been done... now we just have to see if he can adapt well to the NHL speed/physicality.

If he makes the Oilers and sticks... his road to the NHL will be remarkable because it wasn't very long ago he was playing Division 1 and 2 in Sweden... which is the 3rd and 4th best leagues there... before jumping up to the SHL and now potentially the NHL.

He could be one of those late bloomers that comes out of nowhere and surprises everyone with their ability and has everyone in the NHL asking "where did this guy come from and how did we all miss him." For the Oilers sake I hope that's the case.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad