LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Only one voting McLeod.. kid is gonna stick on the big club before yama

Reactions: Gh0st

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Yamo should've been 3rd

Samorukov is being overrated now IMO. Jones & Bear were similar if not better at the same age and they are further along in development

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yamo should've been 3rd

Samorukov is being overrated now IMO. Jones & Bear were similar if not better at the same age and they are further along in development
Yamamoto isn't even a good prospect and I like him. He isnt even as good as Puljujarvi. His only bright side is that he tries hard

Reactions: Gh0st

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Only one voting McLeod.. kid is gonna stick on the big club before yama
He was arguably the best player in development camp this week, and almost made the final cut last pres-season, as an 18 yr old rookie. McLeod is going to be a solid 3rd line center in the NHL, and he got my vote too

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Lavoie is money. Soon you guys will see what Holland scooped up for the Oil..
Kid was highly touted for the last few years, many ranked him in their top 15 draft lists at this time last year.

You guys snoozing!

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I'll be making a series of polls to determine the Oilers consensus top-20 prospects on HFOil.

1. RD Evan Bouchard - 95%
2. LD Philip Broberg - 65%
3. LD Dimitri Samorukov - 49%
4. LW Tyler Benson - 65%
5. LD Caleb Jones - 50%

4 of top 5 are dmen, and they're not just whatever dmen they're superior dmen.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Guess you haven't witnessed him at all in the Q. He's one of a few steals in the 2nd round.

I understand that, but we've got a bunch of kids that have done very well for themselves in the OHL and WHL which are much more competitive leagues imo.

If you're from the Q and you're a goalie I'll have the time of day for you but other than that you've got to be a pretty special player to be the kind of player I covet as far as QMJL players go.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I understand that, but we've got a bunch of kids that have done very well for themselves in the OHL and WHL which are much more competitive leagues imo.

If you're from the Q and you're a goalie I'll have the time of day for you but other than that you've got to be a pretty special player to be the kind of player I covet as far as QMJL players go.
Eh he's a Halifax product and they have been a great system for producing top 6 NHLers over the past decade or so. I'm a little bit biased because most of my viewings of Lavoie have been good showings by him so I haven't seen as much of the inconsistency that he's be criticized for. I will tell you this, in the games I've watched he was almost always the best player on the ice, and not by a small margin. We're talking dominant performances where he took over games and looked dangerous and unstoppable almost every single shift. Even in some of the games where he didn't put up a big stat line he was an absolute man against boys out there.

In my mind he's a mid first round level talent, and I have seen first hand why some scouts had him ranked so high. When he's on the talent is undeniable.

Reactions: Apathetic

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

Yeah I know where you're coming from, the Q have some players that can play not just goaltenders. This year's draft and next year's draft have some decent players.

You'll see why I'm high on Lavoie eventually. Although like I stated in know where you're coming from as I'm never high on most Q guys myself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad