Top 20 Oilers Prospects (Poll #4)

4th Best Oilers Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
One thing I wonder is with Kailer dropping in the rankings, is he going to be a guy that in a year or two just comes in and surprises.

Seems like there is very little expectations and pressure from the fans now.

Kind of becoming the forgotten prospect it seems

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
One thing I wonder is with Kailer dropping in the rankings, is he going to be a guy that in a year or two just comes in and surprises.

Seems like there is very little expectations and pressure from the fans now.

Kind of becoming the forgotten prospect it seems
his lack of production and inability to stay healthy has made him the "forgotten one". He is the Benson of last year's poll.

Edit: McLeod should be an option here as well. He is the only forward prospect with NHL speed.

Reactions: dawunderboy

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
his lack of production and inability to stay healthy has made him the "forgotten one". He is the Benson of last year's poll.

Edit: McLeod should be an option here as well. He is the only forward prospect with NHL speed.

But he didn't have a lack of production in the league he was supposed to be in.

Not his fault the management forced him into the NHL.

Reactions: nabob

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
This is Benson but wouldn't be surprised if Lavoie overtakes him

You wouldn’t be surprised if a player, already playing pro hockey and playing it well, is overtaken by a player 1 week removed from their draft? In what world would they even be comparable? There about 4 years apart

That is something that would surprise me

Reactions: nabob

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
But he didn't have a lack of production in the league he was supposed to be in.

Not his fault the management forced him into the NHL.
Agreed I voted him here too. If management had left him in the AHL the full season, as they should have, we’re not even debating Benson over him

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
You wouldn’t be surprised if a player, already playing pro hockey and playing it well, is overtaken by a player 1 week removed from their draft? In what world would they even be comparable? There about 4 years apart

That is something that would surprise me
See Broberg and Jones
If Lavoie has another season like the one he did in CHL playoffs, he would become our top prospect.
His shot seems better than Benson already and other than consistency he may be just as good in every other aspect of the game.
The difference between Lavoie and Broberg really isnt that big when it comes to value.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Benson easily followed by Jones next.

4 of our top 5 prospects are Dmen not surprising.

Benson cracks the opening day roster I am 99% sure of it.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
See Broberg and Jones
If Lavoie has another season like the one he did in CHL playoffs, he would become our top prospect.
His shot seems better than Benson already and other than consistency he may be just as good in every other aspect of the game.
The difference between Lavoie and Broberg really isnt that big when it comes to value.

You proved my point, you shouldn’t be comparing the two prospects where they are today. You can compare them at the same age. Example: Benson in his D+1 vs Lavoie in his D+1 year. They are at very different stages of development

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You proved my point, you shouldn’t be comparing the two prospects where they are today. You can compare them at the same age. Example: Benson in his D+1 vs Lavoie in his D+1 year. They are at very different stages of development
Are you also okay with Bear and Jones being ranked ahead of Broberg right now?

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yamamoto is underrated at this point..

Should easily be him in this spot.

I'm probably one of his biggest fans here on HF, but I have him slightly behind Benson and Jones. Not at all because of potential, because I think that Yams will eventually be the best out of them. He's younger and when healthy was a driving force down in the AHL. The only reason that I have him behind Benson and Jones is because he isn't as proven and/or NHL ready. I think he'll tear up the AHL next year and then crack the roster as a solid top-9, maybe top-6 forward in 2020-2021.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I'm gonna go with Jones. He's nearly NHL-ready (based on last year's play) and I still see some high end upside with him.

Benson would be my next pick though.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Benson should be #1. Hes the only player making the team out of the top 4 this year. Unless injuries take over. Even then there are other options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad