• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Broberg the unknown @#2
Sad situation in EDM.

Most prospects drafted in the top 10 are in the top 2-3 of just about every team prospect list.

I took Samorukov here based on upside. Benson, Yamamoto and Jones have far lower ceilings IMO.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Voted Benson, the year of pro he had gives me a lot of hope. I like Samorukov's upside and how he played in junior but I need more before I would rate him above Benson.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I like Broberg...but if your team has drafted top 10 as often as the Oilers have and Broberg a 17 year old just drafted is your 2nd best prospect after all these years....that's a sad ass scouting team.

Reactions: Belchior

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I like Broberg...but if your team has drafted top 10 as often as the Oilers have and Broberg a 17 year old just drafted is your 2nd best prospect after all these years....that's a sad ass scouting team.

Why? He has top pairing upside? Having two, possibly 3 defensive prospects with top pairing upside is pretty good.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I feel like you should make these polls last longer than 12 hours, didn’t even see the first two before they closed...
The first two were closed early because the results were pretty obvious. The polls will be longer from here on out.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Currently with this lineup today, Benson cracks the team.

If changes happen on offense then Benson should be one of the first callups.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Considering the others drafted in the top 10 are JP, McDavid, LD, and Nurse I'm not sure what you are getting at. None of them are even considered prospects anymore. Although JP should be, but the team went a different route with him.

Even say JP was still a prospect, that pushed Broberg to 3rd?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think he likely makes the roster out of camp.

Drai-McDavid-Donskoi
Benson-Nuge-Connolly

I’d be over the moon if that was our top 6 somehow to start the year.
I think he has a chance for sure. If we got both Donskoi and Connolly I'd prefer either Benson on the 3rd line or Donskoi down there. I'd be fine plugging Kassian onto McDavid's wing given how little that duo needs help. Getting more scoring threats on the 2nd and 3rd line will help them more than slightly improving their RW because teams won't be able to key entirely on that line with their matchups.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

But every other top 10 pick prospect is no longer a prospect...our prospect depth at defense is probably amongst the best in the league. That’s because of some good drafting I’ve the last 3-4 years in the rounds after the 1st.

Reactions: joestevens29

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad