Top 20 Oilers Prospects (Poll #2)

2nd Best Oilers Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Broberg over Samorukov for me because I like the potential if his development goes well. I think Sammy is a lock to be a top 4D at the NHL level, and could even potentially become a top pairing D if he keeps on his steep development curve. But with Broberg there's just too much undeniable talent that I can't take Sammy over him. Broberg's skating is off the charts, his puck skills, shot and passing are far better than he gets credit for, his reads when he's defending in his own zone don't get the credit they deserve, but he has subtle good instincts. He'll need to pick his spots better when jumping into the rush, and mix up his choices on the breakout (prefers to skate it out because he can), but if he can get the coaching to work on those two areas then I like his chances at being a monster 2-way 1/2D.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Samorukov. Broberg has the potential to be even our best prospect overall, but it's still potential until he discovers it, which he will. He proved he can dominate on a North American size rink in the Hlinka tourney, and I have no doubt he'll do the same next season if he chooses to play in North America. But Dmitri took a giant leap in his game and development, and proved what he is capable of by getting the most points by a defenseman in the OHL playoffs in over a decade. He's a complete, hard hitting, high IQ, highly productive top pair defenseman. As of today, I choose Samorukov as the #2, but expect Broberg to leapfrog both him and Bouchard in 2+ years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad