14. G Shane Starrett - 32%
15. G Ilya Konovalov - 33%
16. G Olivier Rodrigue - 32%
17. LW/RW Joseph Gambardella - 31%
18. G Stuart Skinner - 41%

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Kesselring (not listed) would be my pick here with the highest upside. I think of the D listed Kemp, Marino, and Berglund all have similar 3rd pairing upside. I think of that group Kemp is the safest bet to become a shutdown 3rd pairing D at the NHL level because of his strong defensive game, size, and strong skating. Marino is also a good skater and better puck mover, but not nearly as strong defensively as Kemp. Berglund is hard to judge, but I'm a little disappointed that his offence hasn't come yet in the SHL.

Aside from that McPhee is hard to judge. 2 seasons ago it looked like his offence was coming around and it looked like he could be a bottom 6 guy, but then had a really rough year last year along with Rasanen. Safin is a guy who if healthy, should be a solid prospect, but he needs to get healthy this summer and rediscover his game next year for me to even give him a second thought. Day has AHLer written all over him imo. Not dynamic enough to play the same game in the NHL.

I was tempted to vote Wells here because he has some really good technical tools, decent size, and had a pretty solid first year of pro. He's also shown when he's hot he can get on a roll like he did in 16-17 for the Petes in the playoffs. At the end of the day though I'm going with Kemp here because at this stage you're looking at players who likely won't be NHLers, and imo he has the highest floor.

Reactions: Reginald McDunlop

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
Kesselring (not listed) would be my pick here with the highest upside. I think of the D listed Kemp, Marino, and Berglund all have similar 3rd pairing upside. I think of that group Kemp is the safest bet to become a shutdown 3rd pairing D at the NHL level because of his strong defensive game, size, and strong skating. Marino is also a good skater and better puck mover, but not nearly as strong defensively as Kemp. Berglund is hard to judge, but I'm a little disappointed that his offence hasn't come yet in the SHL.

Aside from that McPhee is hard to judge. 2 seasons ago it looked like his offence was coming around and it looked like he could be a bottom 6 guy, but then had a really rough year last year along with Rasanen. Safin is a guy who if healthy, should be a solid prospect, but he needs to get healthy this summer and rediscover his game next year for me to even give him a second thought. Day has AHLer written all over him imo. Not dynamic enough to play the same game in the NHL.

I was tempted to vote Wells here because he has some really good technical tools, decent size, and had a pretty solid first year of pro. He's also shown when he's hot he can get on a roll like he did in 16-17 for the Petes in the playoffs. At the end of the day though I'm going with Kemp here because at this stage you're looking at players who likely won't be NHLers, and imo he has the highest floor.
Agree on Kesselring with the highest upside here.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Ostap Safin has really fallen off. He was on my top-10 a few years ago... but those injuries have derailed his career.

Voting Logan Day because he needs a bit more love. He might be just another AHLers but I think he can make it like Oesterle, Hunt, Davidson. Love his skating and offensive instincts.

Who know if Kemp can even survive in the pros... doesn't seem to have any offensive upside. Same with the other D prospects.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I voted Logan Day because of his success at the AHL level.

I would vote Kesselring over guys like Rasanen and McPhee.

Even Ostap Safin. It's really sad to see what happened to him last year with injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad