Top 20 Oilers Prospects (Poll #15)

15th Best Oilers Prospect

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
It’s HF, which is a fest of “what have you done for me lately” the shiny new toy is always better then old reliable
I think it’s more of a case of success at the pro level being valued more than success at the junior level. Konovalov was the rookie of the year in the second best league in the world, whereas Rodrigue is still playing junior and Wells/Skinner both had up and down years as rookie pros.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I think it’s more of a case of success at the pro level being valued more than success at the junior level. Konovalov was the rookie of the year in the second best league in the world, whereas Rodrigue is still playing junior and Wells/Skinner both had up and down years as rookie pros.

Before we drafted him how many people do you think would’ve had him ranked higher? Or even known who he is?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm going with Gambardella here because there's almost a 100% chance he gets some NHL time this season whereas with the rest... they may not ever see an NHL game.

Based on pure talent and upside... probably Konovalov or Rodrigue.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It’s HF, which is a fest of “what have you done for me lately” the shiny new toy is always better then old reliable

Who is old reliable in this case?

Konovalov is the same age as Skinner/Wells and he destroyed the KHL. Skinner/Wells showed some flashes in the AHL, but they're far from proven at that level.

Reactions: Llamamoto49

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad