Harley
Hillis
Jones
Suzuki
Pytlick in the Soo could be in there.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I'll go (in no particular order, and also in terms of value to an OHL team, not value as an NHL prospect):

Barrett Hayton
Philip Tomasino
Quinton Byfield
Marco Rossi
Serron Noel
Arthur Kaliyev
Cole Perfetti
Ty Dellandrea
Jamie Drysdale
Liam Foudy
Akil Thomas
Riley Damiani
Noel Hoefenmayer
Greg Meireles
Cam Hillis
Thomas Harley
Connor McMichael
Ryan Suzuki
Austen Keating
Brett Neumann or Matthew Struthers (couldn't decide)

foghorn

Nov 4, 2017
Dellandria
Chisholm
Robertson
Byfield
Drysdale
Rossi
L.Foudy
Hayton
Perfetti
Bahl
Kaliyev
Thomas
Damiani
Tomasino
Suzuki
Harley
Perrault
Stranges
Merkley
Hoffenmeyer

Last edited:
Reactions: LDN

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Damien Giroux put up 30 goals and has a chance for 40 this year along with being Captain and a solid 2 way player.

shot caller

Apr 16, 2018
Pytlick in the Soo could be in there.
I agree. I think there is a massive oversight when it comes to the impact that Pytlik is going to have on the hounds roster and throughout the league. He had a special showing last season. He went pointless in his first 9 games when arriving in Canada and followed it up with 11g/8a/19pts in the following 17 games. He also put up 4g/4a in 11 playoff games. This happening while often skating alongside an obviously unfriendly duo in Morgan Frost and Keegan Howdeshell. Countless times Pytlik was “shrugged off” while wide open at the expense of a low percentage opportunity for one of his line mates. It wasn’t until he was moved up and down the line-up and played a bit of center that he really dug in. I understand it is early but I’ve already seen him rated as low as 20 and as high as 10 in the first round of the upcoming nhl draft.

Last edited:

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
I'll go (in no particular order, and also in terms of value to an OHL team, not value as an NHL prospect):

Barrett Hayton
Philip Tomasino
Quinton Byfield
Marco Rossi
Serron Noel
Arthur Kaliyev
Cole Perfetti
Ty Dellandrea
Jamie Drysdale
Liam Foudy
Akil Thomas
Riley Damiani
Noel Hoefenmayer
Greg Meireles
Cam Hillis
Thomas Harley
Connor McMichael
Ryan Suzuki
Austen Keating

I love that your post has two 67's but IMO Kevin Bahl was the best player on last year's team at the end of the year, including the graduating players. IMO he is a top 10 player in the league hands down and easily the best returnee on Ottawa.

Reactions: LDN

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I love that your post has two 67's but IMO Kevin Bahl was the best player on last year's team at the end of the year, including the graduating players. IMO he is a top 10 player in the league hands down and easily the best returnee on Ottawa.

Mine actually had 3 67s (Rossi/Hoefenmayer/Keating). I'm not a Bahl fan at all. I'd take Hoefenmayer over him next year 10 times out of 10

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Mine actually had 3 67s (Rossi/Hoefenmayer/Keating). I'm not a Bahl fan at all. I'd take Hoefenmayer over him next year 10 times out of 10
Well this board is about opinions and I do respect yours but just curious what do you not like about Bahl's game? Imo he was utterly dominant in the playoffs before his knee injury.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Barrett Hayton
Philip Tomasino
Quinton Byfield
Marco Rossi
Serron Noel
Arthur Kaliyev
Cole Perfetti
Ty Dellandrea
Jamie Drysdale
Liam Foudy
Akil Thomas
Riley Damiani
Noel Hoefenmayer
Greg Meireles
Cam Hillis
Thomas Harley
Connor McMichael
Ryan Suzuki
Austen Keating
Glad somebody included Keating, especially somebody not a 67 fan. He's not flashy but man he does all the little things and makes his teamates better. Tough as nails and takes a pounding in the dirty areas.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
If it is the top 20 pointgetters we're talking about, no top 20 list can be without Joe Garreffa. He was among the top 20 last year, and based on the fact some of that top 20 have graduated, no reason to believe he wouldn't be among this year's top 20 as well.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
If it is the top 20 pointgetters we're talking about, no top 20 list can be without Joe Garreffa. He was among the top 20 last year, and based on the fact some of that top 20 have graduated, no reason to believe he wouldn't be among this year's top 20 as well.
And missing a returning 50 goal scorer! ;)

Reactions: EvenSteven

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

That's fair and I appreciate the fact that you put a list together. I'm a huge Hoefenmayer fan as well.

Bahl absolutely manhandled Byfield and Noel in the second and third rounds before unfortunately injured in the Guelph series. As my handle would clearly imply, I am a fan of all the 67's but think that Bahl is without a doubt the most valuable player on the team.

I think that Serron Noel has an absolutely monster season for the Gens this year and think that he makes the WJC team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad