OT: Top 20 Nashville Predators of All-Time (#7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Arnott? Didn't he say "high quality"? Yeah, I know, he put up some good numbers here, but I don't think it's a coincidence the team got much better when they didn't re-sign him. I couldn't stand seeing him coast around on the ice and just from my outside view he didn't seem to be a good influence on the team. I can't prove it, but they just never seemed to rally around him like they would for Weber.

People were really excited when we signed Arnott. It was a big deal at the time. I was disappointed with his production after the second year, and wasn't too sad to see him leave, either.

As for J.P., I don't remember there being any sort of Nashville connection, but he's still here so maybe so. What I remember is he was a part of a very good Sabres team and went to arbitration at the trade deadline and we ended up with him instead of Buffalo. Somehow I thought he made the choice of teams but maybe not.

Cody Hodgson had a sister in Nashville at Belmont but that was much later than J.P.

Whatever, I don't regret putting Kariya at 7th--it's a subjective poll.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I think Dumont is being confused with Ribeiro. I remember hearing that JP essentially sold him on the idea of moving his family to Nashville to calm his life down, and so he did it and said if he didn't get signed he would just live here. I remember they were looking at schools before Ribs even signed here

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Arnott? Didn't he say "high quality"? Yeah, I know, he put up some good numbers here, but I don't think it's a coincidence the team got much better when they didn't re-sign him. I couldn't stand seeing him coast around on the ice and just from my outside view he didn't seem to be a good influence on the team. I can't prove it, but they just never seemed to rally around him like they would for Weber.

arnott was one of the top free agents on the market and the #1 C available. us preds fans had been targeting him for a solid year before the summer and to our surprise we actually signed him. we never envisioned kariya. we got our man in arnott regardless of our opinion of him now. sully arnott dumont was arguably our best line ever and arnott was a key contributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad