Top 20 Montreal Canadiens Forwards since 2000 - #5

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Michael Ryder, multiple 30 goal seasons with us. Led team in scoring I believe.

Add to the fact that if we're talking about clutch he was one of the main components in the down by 5 vs rangers comeback.

Very underrated throughout his career but did a good job.

Add A. Kostitsyn

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Cammy for sure, he was better for us than any of these other forwards, he's on the same level as Patches, or a little below.

Then there's the PO's.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
They're pretty much middle of the pack, like our team has been. Make a top 5 of player around the league and aside from teams like Washington, Pittsburgh and San Jose, it won't be much different.

Hell even Washington is nothing special beside their top 3, Jagr in WSH was pretty lackluster.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

Cammy was very dangerous in the playoffs and with a more offensive system I think he could of had a better career as a Hab.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Hell even Washington is nothing special beside their top 3, Jagr in WSH was pretty lackluster.

Yep.

I hate the gloomy attitude surrounding the 00's and 10's.
We had two really bad season where most of the teams had PPG players, but outside of that, we've been up with the pack. This is where we lack, but Koivu was still apart of this team and I have no reservation to think he would've produced high numbers in those years where the scoring spiked even in the DPE.
In comparison, since 2000,

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
#1 Alex Kovalev
#2 Saku Koivu
#3 Tomas Plekanec
#4 Max Pacioretty

Barring a miracle Pacioretty is a lock for #4, this one should be a close one.

Whats the criteria? Vanek is a superior nhl forward than any others on the list and its not even remotely close

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Playoff Cammalleri was a different beast. Some amazing moments here. By far the most talented goalscorer in a long while, even with Pacioretty. The problem is that he had a little bit of the Kovalev syndrome going when he was with the habs, some games he'd go through the motions, but when it counted, he would step up.

The crappy thing about Cammalleri is that when things got tough in his final year here, he just mailed it in. That's not something you want to see in a guy who is supposed to lead. He saw that the team wasn't going anywhere, so gave up....not really a veteran move.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
To Cammy's defense, the team wasn't going anywhere with Cunneyworth coaching and Gauthier as the team's voice. Cammalleri didn't really mail it in in Calgary even though their team was as irrelevant as MTL back then.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
To Cammy's defense, the team wasn't going anywhere with Cunneyworth coaching and Gauthier as the team's voice. Cammalleri didn't really mail it in in Calgary even though their team was as irrelevant as MTL back then.

True. Perhaps it was just disappointment from the team not doing as good as was expected? The year before they had lost a hard fought 7 games series against what became the cup champions and a lot of people expected a better club, especially with the signing of Cole and the comeback of Pacioretty. However, injuries started early and the Habs never really recovered. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Habs lost Gill, Spacek, Campoli, Gionta, Moen and Cammalleri to injury all around the same time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad