Top 20 Montreal Canadiens Forwards since 2000 - #2

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Koivu over Pacioretty but barely. Pacioretty has better numbers, but Koivu was an enabler, not an enabled.

ETA: Actually, I might pick Plekanec over Pacioretty for number 3, I'll have to think about it.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
voted koivu for the decade (2000 2009) of loyal service with a **** cast around him, and he still posted good numbers :X

IMO, next in order are pleks, patches and cammy

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I boycott the contest on the grounds that it's a travesty to have Kovalev ahead of Koivu at #1. Clearly the poll has nowhere left to go after getting off to such an unforgiveable start. :p:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Pacioretty with 2 30 goals seasons by the age of 25. I would agree with Kovalev at #1 but Pax beats Koivu

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
I still believe that Koivu should have won but Alexei Kovalev is not a bad choice either.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
I boycott the contest on the grounds that it's a travesty to have Kovalev ahead of Koivu at #1. Clearly the poll has nowhere left to go after getting off to such an unforgiveable start. :p:

I think Koivu should be at #1 but it's not inconceivable to think of Kovalev being the best player had after 2000. He had the best season in points with 85, including 35 goals and was much more skillful then Koivu.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Pacioretty with 2 30 goals seasons by the age of 25. I would agree with Kovalev at #1 but Pax beats Koivu

Well, not for me. Koivu #1, ainec! To each their own after all. Just curious, were you too young to see Saku at his '' prime '' with the habs?

Koivu wasnt a goal scorer but he was a very good playmaker. I'm honestly shocked Paciorretty has 4 vote despise the fast he has no 70 pts season and wasnt very good in the playoff we saw him .

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think I might start #3 this afternoon...

Gotta admit I'm not surprised at all by the results and I too feel like SAKUUUUU should have been first. Kovalev had the better season in Hab uniform but he also proved that he took many nights off during his time with the Habs.

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
I think I might start #3 this afternoon...

Gotta admit I'm not surprised at all by the results and I too feel like SAKUUUUU should have been first. Kovalev had the better season in Hab uniform but he also proved that he took many nights off during his time with the Habs.

Well to be fair, if we are comparing single seasons, Saku's second year was a monster before he got hurt. He was leading the nhl in scoring and ended up with 56 points in 50 games, which figures out to 90+ for 82 games. Just saying.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Well to be fair, if we are comparing single seasons, Saku's second year was a monster before he got hurt. He was leading the nhl in scoring and ended up with 56 points in 50 games, which figures out to 90+ for 82 games. Just saying.

Oh as a huge Koivu fan I'm sure aware of that. I've had countless debates with my dad on if Koivu was a number one center or not. The problem is that this is based on year 2000 till today. Saku's best season was 75 points in 2006-07.

higgs011

May 8, 2014
Montreal
Oh as a huge Koivu fan I'm sure aware of that. I've had countless debates with my dad on if Koivu was a number one center or not. The problem is that this is based on year 2000 till today. Saku's best season was 75 points in 2006-07.

Ah gotcha lol.

....he's still #1 during that time period though ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad