Top 20 Montreal Canadiens Forwards since 2000 - #13

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Bulis and even Gomez deserve to be on this list over guys like Bourque, Lang, Tanguay or Vanek.

Perreault and then Bulis have the most points for forwards. Then Ribeiro, Petrov and Gomez. Not that points are everything but what else have those other guys contributed?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Where is Guillaume? Terrible list, glad those years are behind us. Imagine with all those terrible players we would still beat the BIg Bad Bruins :laugh:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Bulis and even Gomez deserve to be on this list over guys like Bourque, Lang, Tanguay or Vanek.

Perreault and then Bulis have the most points for forwards. Then Ribeiro, Petrov and Gomez. Not that points are everything but what else have those other guys contributed?
Gomez, the player who took a full calendar year to score despite playing top six minutes for us and being paid millions of dollars? Nah. He was the poster boy of what was wrong with the Gainey era and only had one good season with the Habs. Lang was a more positive player, Tanguay had a similar season as Gomez in his first year minus all the BS. Vanek was our most talented player since the 90s. Bourque has had solid playoffs with the Habs and brings a dimension we lack.

I'd rather put these guys over Bulis who was a marginal player that did jack **** with the team and was always the whipping boy.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Galchenyuk might be the most exciting player we've had in years. And he's not on the list for guys like Petrov? Are you kidding me

Galchenyuk has proven nothing yet beside a few flashes here and there. If were to do this list next year instead of now I would have no doubt that he'd be on here but right now you can make a case for Petrov since he lead the team in scoring before.

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Wow, since 2000, we only have 5 players that could be considered 1st liners:

Kovalev, Koivu, Pacioretty, Cammalleri and Plekanec (borderline).

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Gomez, the player who took a full calendar year to score despite playing top six minutes for us and being paid millions of dollars? Nah. He was the poster boy of what was wrong with the Gainey era and only had one good season with the Habs. Lang was a more positive player, Tanguay had a similar season as Gomez in his first year minus all the BS. Vanek was our most talented player since the 90s. Bourque has had solid playoffs with the Habs and brings a dimension we lack.

I'd rather put these guys over Bulis who was a marginal player that did jack **** with the team and was always the whipping boy.

Gomez had one good season just like Cole but he is getting the votes. Gomez lead the team in scoring yet can't crack the top 20? He was bad but he had better results than half these guys. Bourque hasn\t even cracked 30 points a season with the Habs and Bulis had two 40 point seasons. Perreault averaged 45 points over his three seasons and don't get me started on Tanguay...one season at 40 points.

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City

Tanguay and Lang had first liners PPG, but got hurts. Also, Ribeiro got 65 pts in 2003-2004...Gionta 28 goals in 61 games was very good too, especially with his two-way play and if you add the playoffs he had 37 goals in 80 games in 2009-2010.

Even Cole + Vanek could be added.

MauriceTheGreat*

Latendresse was better than Bourque. Heck, even Lapierre was more useful.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

I don't think any of them are 1st liners on contending teams..maybe Kovalev or Patch when they are in the mood.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I don't think any of them are 1st liners on contending teams..maybe Kovalev or Patch when they are in the mood.

Pacioretty was the 4th best goal scorer in the league last year and he had a slow start... theres no question that he is a 1st liner, heck he might be considered an elite player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad