13. LW Taylor Leier(36.84%)
14. D Brandon Manning(31.48%)
15. D Marc-Andre Bourdon(42.55%)
16. LW Kyle Flanagan(35.85%)
17. D Valeri Vasiliev(46.67%)

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Goul because I trust the Flyers especially when it comes to forwards. Larsson next cause he's committed and will do what it takes to be a good pro including leaving home to play in NA (next year I think I read somewhere).

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Goul because I trust the Flyers especially when it comes to forwards. Larsson next cause he's committed and will do what it takes to be a good pro including leaving home to play in NA (next year I think I read somewhere).

As reported in the Prospects threads it seems Larsson is making the jump to NA:

Fredric Larsson
‏@BagarN12
Moving to USA tomorrow, exicted to play for @YtownPhantoms this year!

I'm excited to see what he can do. By all reports the NA style of hockey fits his game better anyway.

Last edited:

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I miss voted and wish I hadn't so I don't have to see Goulbourne listed amongst our top 20 :laugh:

Speaking of which, I wonder where Goulbourne plays this season? He was already an over-ager in the WHL last season, so does he move to the ECHL? maybe he can PK in Adirondach? Not sure where he goes from Juniors.

Last edited:

CSStrowbridge

Aug 26, 2013
I miss voted and wish I hadn't so I don't have to see Goulbourne listed amongst our top 20 :laugh:

I think this guy is going to surprise a lot of people. He's not just some tough guy who can't play. He was on the penalty kill on the Rockets. You don't get to be on the PK unless the coach thinks you have talent.

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
Just for fun... and because I was bored. I went back to the 2010 prospect poll where Bobrovsky was ranked #1, Kevin Marshall was going to make an impact, and Zac Rinaldo was considered lucky if he got a call up. Funny how things can change.

We have a great pool of prospects and I'm really excited to see how this crop of prospects develop in the next 3-4 years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wonder where Goulbourne plays this season? He was already an over-ager in the WHL last season, so does he move to the ECHL? maybe he can PK in Adirondach? Not sure where he goes from Juniors.

He'll be back in the WHL with Kelowna. He was first draft eligible in the 2012 draft.

The WHL draft kids at 15 opposed the QMJHL & OHL who draft kids at 16.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Voted Goulbourne. Realistically, only 5 or 6 guys on this list will ever see an NHL game from the ice. He's one of them, if that's what you mean by a 'prospect,' i.e. a prospective NHL player.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
How so? They were tied all week and Goulbourne pulled up an additional vote last night... how does that make Larsson the winner?

At the time of the "closing" of the voting, Larrson was winning.

jd2210

Registered Non User
Jul 24, 2009
Great White North
Just for fun... and because I was bored. I went back to the 2010 prospect poll where Bobrovsky was ranked #1, Kevin Marshall was going to make an impact, and Zac Rinaldo was considered lucky if he got a call up. Funny how things can change.

We have a great pool of prospects and I'm really excited to see how this crop of prospects develop in the next 3-4 years.

And in an attempt to blow my own horn please tell everyone who the lone guy saying Rinaldo would make it was.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

This is it. I HOPE that all 20 of them make the team someday, but it just never seems to happen that way. Some party too much. Some get hurt. Others are missing the one element they need to push them into the NHL and can't develop it.

I'm an old hand at this too, I remember when Pat Murray was going to replace Propp, Claude Boivin for Tocchett, etc. Wow, I'll have to dig out the Hockey News draft previews from '85 and '86 to relive those memories.

No matter how much you hope prospects work out, some of them inevitably don't or can't make it. Others come from nowhere and make them against all odds.

For as set as our roster is, there is always the possibility that someone forces his way onto the roster unexpectedly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad